Has Axl given up on defending himself?

Jakey Styley

It's just sad Slash quit then kept whining about it for so long. If he was that bothered he shouldn't have quit.

Huh?

what? what mate?

I just preferred how Izzy handled it, not so media or whatever.

Well at that time he had been tricked into signing away the name and was just an employee of a band he built, something Izzy never went through. He never really whined about it either. I agree with his perspective wholeheartedly.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just sad Slash quit then kept whining about it for so long. If he was that bothered he shouldn't have quit.

Huh?

what? what mate?

Better but I am still trying to figure out what this means?

If he was that bothered he shouldn't have quit.

If he was unhappy why should he not have quit??

Edited by classicrawker

"I did write a lot of lyrics on the 1st Snakepit record. Mostly because I had a lot to vent at that time."

http://www.facebook.com/notes/slash-perla-hudson/slash-interview-part-2/10150556588673060

"With Mike Clink producing, and Matt and Mike Inez playing, I properly recorded the demos we'd done. We found ourselves a singer - Eric Dover of Jellyfish - who fit bill well enough at the time. He and I wrote the lyrics to all twelve tracks and I think it's pretty easy to tell which songs he wrote and which ones I wrote: all of my songs are directed at one person... though no-one picked up on it at the time. I used the record as an opportunity to vent a lot of shit that I needed to get off my chest." (Slash, Autobiography)

Now are you going to keep rambling on about semantics, or are you going to acknowledge that Slash, by his own words, wrote "a lot" of the lyrics on Snakepit 1, and many of them were negative lyrics about Axl, and that these songs were released while he was still in GnR? Slash changes his story like he changes clothes a lot of the times, so at one point he may have said he only wrote lyrics for two songs, but at other times he's suggested he wrote lyrics on for more songs than that, as no one would consider two songs "a lot" of lyrics. Also, didn't bother reading the article you posted, but if it was from back in the days he was in GnR or shortly thereafter, obviously he would not admit to writing lyrics to certain songs. He also denied that the Snakepit album was comprised of songs rejected by GnR, only to admit to that later (after everyone else's side of the story came out). He also claimed that Crucify The Dead wasn't about Axl.

So, again, did Slash write lyrics "venting" about Axl on the Snakepit album when he was still in GnR? Or was he lying? Which one is it? My guess is that you'll try to tiptoe around the central, crucial point of this discussion yet again.

"Take It Away" is the only one you could say had anything to do with Axl.

"What Do You Want To Be" is pretty clearly him taking shots at Axl

I think Axl feels whatever he does or says, some people will take it the wrong way, so he's just not saying anything anymore.

Besides, I think Slash does enough talking for everyone! lol

I think as you get older things that bothered you when you were younger, don't bother you the same way. I think Axl is sick of having to defend himself anyway. Why should he? He doesn't have to explain himself to the world. He's human and people fuck up, it's just that when Axl fucks up there's always some guy with a camera or TMZ there to record it.

I'm sure when push comes to shove, if Axl has to defend himself for anything he will speak up, but I think for now, he's putting that shit behind him. He's touring with a band he loves to play with, so it's all good.

Huh?

what? what mate?

Well at that time he had been tricked into signing away the name and was just an employee of a band he built, something Izzy never went through. He never really whined about it either. I agree with his perspective wholeheartedly.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha...Good one.

Not one member of the band was tricked, and you're lying and just as bad as Axl making excuses if you believe otherwise.

Do you go signing contracts before reading the fine print?? I would hope not..

Izzy has no interest in being in a band with Slash or Axl, that's a fact of life.

It's one thing to be anti-Axl but some of you need to get ur facts straight..

Edited by AxlRose14

it's just that when Axl fucks up there's always some guy with a camera or TMZ there to record it.

So very true.

Believe it or not, I went to college for journalism.

And, again believe it or not, to graduate with a journalism degree, the student HAS to sign a pact that whatever media form they work in (tv, print, radio), they must bash Axl Rose at every opportunity. Even if AR is not a factor in a story, or even if he is 100% correct in his actions, to receive a journalism degree you have to bash and insult Axl Rose as much as humanly possible.

You might not know this, but that is how come Axl wrote the song Out To Get Me. It isn't just a song. But is actually based on reality. Because the entire world's population of journalists (as well as record labels, ex-band members, bitter ex-fans, etc) are really out to get Axl.

In fact, about a decade ago. a guy I worked with at a newspaper actually got fired because he hadn't fulfilled his yearly Bash Axl Rose quota.

it's just that when Axl fucks up there's always some guy with a camera or TMZ there to record it.

So very true.

Believe it or not, I went to college for journalism.

And, again believe it or not, to graduate with a journalism degree, the student HAS to sign a pact that whatever media form they work in (tv, print, radio), they must bash Axl Rose at every opportunity. Even if AR is not a factor in a story, or even if he is 100% correct in his actions, to receive a journalism degree you have to bash and insult Axl Rose as much as humanly possible.

You might not know this, but that is how come Axl wrote the song Out To Get Me. It isn't just a song. But is actually based on reality. Because the entire world's population of journalists (as well as record labels, ex-band members, bitter ex-fans, etc) are really out to get Axl.

In fact, about a decade ago. a guy I worked with at a newspaper actually got fired because he hadn't fulfilled his yearly Bash Axl Rose quota.

Oh, come on, we all know that the media likes to paint everything black and white. It's not just about making Axl look like a villain. The media likes to paint one person as always the victim and the other person as always the villain. That's true. The Axl/Slash thing is an example. The media also likes to do it with anybody who's ever dated Taylor Swift. They did it with the Phil Anselmo/Dimebag feud. There was a point in time when no matter what Britney Spears did, she was a crazy ass bitch. It's not that they've got some burning hatred against Axl. It's just how they sell shit. It's just business as usual.