Thought's on Slash vocalists?

Marc can I have your thoughts on Myles Kennedy, Scott Weiland, Eric Dover, and Rod Jackson. Do you think some have been mediocre? Do you think Slash has deliberately chosen singers that weren't superstars?

All of them had good vocals, Eric Dover & Rod Jackson lack the melodies that Axl and Izzy could do. So Sankepit was just an extension or an up graded version of Roadcrew( Slash's high school band). Scott had a good idea what to do with the music that he had to work with. I do like Slash's playing with VR but if he would had put a little more effort into it, some of the stuff would have been a lot better instead of these one offs that he likes to do. If he took the song home and fooled with it a bit, he would have came up with some better leads. Slash thinks its cool to just play what ever comes to mind the first time he hears the song. That did work in the early days with GNR. Jungle, Rocket Queen, My Michelle, Brownstone, Sweet Child, It's So Easy, Out Ta Get Me, Don't Cry, Any thing goes, Your Crazy, to name a few. Those leads on the record sound the same as the first time he played them. Myles Kennedy is great but lacks it as far as being a front man. He is too shy and lays low. By the way when VR was being put together Izzy was going to front the band and wanted to go to the UK put all the equipment in a van and do gigs. Too bad they didn't all agree on that. Izzy fronting that band would have been the next best thing for the fans as far as something that almost sounded like GNR did 85 to 91 as you could get of corse unless Axl was involved. With the right vocals and melodies is what would bring the best out of Slash's solos. He gets inspired to rip out something magical the fits well with the song. That is what makes Slash one of the best. He will rip a hole in your spine with goosebumps when you hear him playing in a song thats right for him. I don't think he deliberately picks people the are not supper stars. PS I always thought Slash would do very well with Roger Waters if they were to do something together.

Edited by recklessroad

Marc can I have your thoughts on Myles Kennedy, Scott Weiland, Eric Dover, and Rod Jackson. Do you think some have been mediocre? Do you think Slash has deliberately chosen singers that weren't superstars?

All of them had good vocals, Eric Dover & Rod Jackson lack the melodies that Axl and Izzy could do. So Sankepit was just an extension or an up graded version of Roadcrew( Slash's high school band). Scott had a good idea what to do with the music that he had to work with. I do like Slash's playing with VR but if he would had put a little more effort into it, some of the stuff would have been a lot better instead of these one offs that he likes to do. If he took the song home and fooled with it a bit, he would have came up with some better leads. Slash thinks its cool to just play what ever comes to mind the first time he hears the song. That did work in the early days with GNR. Jungle, Rocket Queen, My Michelle, Brownstone, Sweet Child, It's So Easy, Out Ta Get Me, Don't Cry, Any thing goes, Your Crazy, to name a few. Those leads on the record sound the same as the first time he played them. Myles Kennedy is great but lacks it as far as being a front man. He is too shy and lays low. By the way when VR was being put together Izzy was going to front the band and wanted to go to the UK put all the equipment in a van and do gigs. Too bad they didn't all agree on that. Izzy fronting that band would have been the next best thing for the fans as far as something that almost sounded like GNR did 85 to 91 as you could get of corse unless Axl was involved. With the right vocals and melodies is what would bring the best out of Slash's solos. He gets inspired to rip out something magical the fits well with the song. That is what makes Slash one of the best. He will rip a hole in your spine with goosebumps when you hear him playing in a song thats right for him. I don't think he deliberately picks people the are not supper stars. PS I always thought Slash would do very well with Roger Waters if they were to do something together.

What names off the top of your head would've been good in VR, even if they're not names known outside of the LA area?