How much does Axl care about money?

It's often discussed on the forum whether or not Axl cares a lot about money. Some say he only tours for a cashgrab and that he only kept the GNR name so he could milk it. Others argue that he couldn't care less about money and if he did, he'd reunite with the old band.

Does Axl care enough about money to tour just for a cashgrab? Has he ever been in any sort of financial trouble (there were rumors of that in around 2006 I think)?

From the Legendary Rock interview with Marc I posted

LRI: But he’s (Axl) financially well off right? He has no real urgent need to give a shit or pay any bills right?

Marc: I’m not so sure about that. I mean it costs a lot of money to have the life he has and the entourage he has. There has to be more money coming in than going out and he’s aware that a reunion tour would bring in hundreds of millions of dollars that WOULD UNDOUBTEDLY make him well off and secure. I guess he’s just not willing to do it because he would have to believe in the devil but I’d like him to put that aside so that he can make all that money and have all that freedom and also make all of the fans so happy.

From the Legendary Rock interview with Marc I posted

LRI: But he’s (Axl) financially well off right? He has no real urgent need to give a shit or pay any bills right?

Marc: I’m not so sure about that. I mean it costs a lot of money to have the life he has and the entourage he has. There has to be more money coming in than going out and he’s aware that a reunion tour would bring in hundreds of millions of dollars that WOULD UNDOUBTEDLY make him well off and secure. I guess he’s just not willing to do it because he would have to believe in the devil but I’d like him to put that aside so that he can make all that money and have all that freedom and also make all of the fans so happy.

I have a feeling that 10 years from now when Axl actually *needs* the money, Slash won't want to do it because they'll all be too old.

Slash said in interviews a few years ago that he'd like to do the reunion soon because "it would still be cool".

Marc - do you think if Axl wasn't in shape either physically or vocally, that Slash would turn down a reunion? The last thing I think Slash would want is to fuck up the legacy of the old band by doing a reunion and disappointing people.