What do you think would happen...

zepsun

Hard to say because besides their differences, Axl has a lot of deep hate for Slash that was never really dealt with on Axl's part. Some very strong emotions buried there. I think Axl would just turn the other way to get as far away from Slash as possible. However if you locked them both in a padded room together, I think they would have a lot to talk about.

Hard to say because besides their differences, Axl has a lot of deep hate for Slash that was never really dealt with on Axl's part. Some very strong emotions buried there. I think Axl would just turn the other way to get as far away from Slash as possible. However if you locked them both in a padded room together, I think they would have a lot to talk about.

It's going to be up to Axl to contact Slash. I think Axl was really skeptical about Slash showing up at his house and if he had some sort of ulterior motive at the time. If someone's wife shows up at their house unannounced, and you're legally separated but not divorced, you're going to be on edge about what they want. That whole thing could've been twisted against Axl in the courtroom. You've read about McCartney showing up at Lennon's place in the 70s, Lennon felt Paul was trying to get a reunion going and wasn't just about hanging out with an old friend. There was betrayal between them, but they got over it.

And I doubt Slash is waiting for Axl to call, but what Adler wrote in his book, Slash not joining the other guys on stage for the AFD 20th, he had some hope of reconciliation. Did you go to that show?

As a friend to both Marc, you must feel a lot of sorrow (for lack of a better word) because these two are at such bitter odds. I know you're a fan of the 'big bang' (Appetite era) as much as most GNR fans, and to think of the potential magic we've missed out on. That's how I picture it. Even their cover songs were better than the original versions.

I know this is quite delicate, and I know nobody is inside Axl's head (he probably, and rightly, gets angry when he reads people trying to "analyze" his mind), but don't you think that, in the end, he undergoes self-pity, like if he always is bearing a cross on his shoulders and everybody is laughing at him, is taking advantage of him, is lying to him, like if nobody understands his situation/point-of-view, etc.?

Edited by GHS