Axl and Jimmy Iovine

TeeJay410

Do you know much of Axl's and Jimmy's relationship as it relates to the making of Chinese Democracy? Interviews with different band members and Axl himself made it sound as if Jimmy wasn't the most attentive guy, but that wasn't his job was it? Also around the time when CD really got going, Dr. Dre made his big comeback and Eminem's star was rising, would that not explain why Jimmy wasn't giving CD as much attention as he led the band to believe it would receive?

Do you know much of Axl's and Jimmy's relationship as it relates to the making of Chinese Democracy? Interviews with different band members and Axl himself made it sound as if Jimmy wasn't the most attentive guy, but that wasn't his job was it? Also around the time when CD really got going, Dr. Dre made his big comeback and Eminem's star was rising, would that not explain why Jimmy wasn't giving CD as much attention as he led the band to believe it would receive?

I don't know much about Jimmy. I only met him once around the end of 2000/2001 a week before the Vegas gig. I think Axl was upset with him at a latter time. Because they didn't agree on some things could be one of the reasons the record may have been held up????

Edited by recklessroad