Snoop Dogg changes his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamacia

Nobodys_Fault

I suppose the worst thing some rasta can do when he tries to force his religion on you is what...smoke a bowl and get high? :lol:

I think all religion is ridiculous but I don't care what anyone believes so long as they don't try to force it on me, either personally or through influencing the law of the land.

You want to worship a tree stump in the shape of the virgin mary? Off you go, just don't fucking make it my problem.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many people on first reflection might think its just a marketing ploy. Clearly the Rastafarian religion is not well known and as a result the true intention behind his name change can easily be misinterpreted, especially considering the Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, whateverhecallshimself situation.

Guest Len B'stard

But thing is, for it to be a marketing ploy there'd have to be some kind of mileage in reggae that there ain't in Gangsta Rap, which there isn't really i mean, America don't exactly go a bundle on reggae, if anything it's a pretty bold move and, in a REALLY REALLY odd way because it's like going back to the roots of hip hop, the ignored roots, the fact that hip hop kinda came from reggae, the idea of mixing two disks and making something new off it, the idea of speaking or rapping over other peoples beats and making the words rhyme etc, focus on the DJ as an artist, all this, the meat and potatoes of hip hop came from reggae so there's like...it's not just some random thing y'know like exchanging one suit for another, there's really something to this i think, like, coming full circle and all that :) The first hip hop DJ was a guy from Jamaica called Kool Herc that basically imported their thing from Jamaica to NYC.