Snoop Dogg changes his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamacia

Nobodys_Fault

I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg.' And he looked me in my eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.'

That must be some powerful ganja. :lol:

A documentary called REINCARNATED is being released chronicling the change. Here's the trailer:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

It means Lion of Judah, Rastafari believe they are one of the lost tribes of Israel ;) Hence all the Lion references in reggae, Iron Lion Zion and all of that.

Wasn't he Nation of Islam a couple of years back?

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Just listened to the track and i must say, i'm impressed. I think it'd be like, OK, spiritual rebirth and then he'd ruin it by making all like, dancehall reggae but this is proper Rastafari Reggae, respect Snoop, well played, i'm excited for this :)

I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg.' And he looked me in my eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.'

That must be some powerful ganja. :lol:

A documentary called REINCARNATED is being released chronicling the change. Here's the trailer:

Looks amazing. He's an absolute legend!

http://www.cp24.com/entertainment/snoop-dogg-changes-name-to-snoop-lion-1.899124

"Snoop Lion"

NEW YORK -- Snoop Dogg says he was "born again" during a visit to Jamaica in January, is changing his name to Snoop Lion and is ready to make music that his "kids and grandparents can listen to."

The artist known for gangster rap is releasing a reggae album called "Reincarnated" in the fall.

The West Coast rapper held a news conference in New York on Monday. Later he played five songs for a small crowd, including one called "No Guns Allowed." It features his daughter.

The album will be followed with a documentary of the same name. It features him making music and will include some personal elements of his life, a producer of the film said. It will debut at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/entertainment/snoop-dogg-changes-name-to-snoop-lion-1.899124#ixzz22GnhGvAy

Edited by gunsguy

Guest Len B'stard

It's not ever such a ridiculous stretch y'know, hip hop was basically invented by reggae and a lot of the parents of your favorite rappers are in fact Jamaican or of Jamaican heritage...like Biggie Smallses mum, Snoops, Canibus, Slick Rick, KRS One, so this whole back to the motherland tip, it's not some hokey post black power new african thing, it's literally as near to the bone for these guys as their immediate parentage.