"Will neither confirm nor deny who's waiting for the The Oakland Raiders and The Rolling Stones in some ESPN Monday Night Football Legends"

Encuentro

There has to be more to it than that. Axl is a Raiders fan so "Will neither confirm nor deny who's waiting for the The Oakland Raiders and The Rolling Stones in some ESPN Monday Night Football Legends" is posted on their Facebook page? What would they be neither confirming nor denying? Waiting for The Oakland Raiders and The Rolling Stones?

Ice Cube is performing, Gene Simmons is singing the national anthem. Game starts at 10:15 EST/7:15 PST, there might be a bootleg stream up. Maybe Axl went to the Bay Area early.

Maybe GNR's opening for the Stones for the 4 rumored shows? We'll see what happens. No expectations...

Edited by dalsh327

The Oakland Raiders game is on at 10:15 ET tonight. It GNR is involved in any way, it'll happen tonight.

"ESPN will commemorate the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary on Monday nights throughout the NFL season with "Legend to Legend," a unique collaboration with the Universal Music Group that will combine "Monday Night Football" highlights with classic tracks from the legendary band featuring Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood.

"Legend to Legend" will debut Sept. 10, when ESPN kicks off the 43rd season of "Monday Night Football" with two games at a special time: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Baltimore Ravens (7 p.m. ET) and San Diego Chargers vs. Oakland Raiders (10:15 p.m. ET). "

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/sounds/post/_/id/3067/rolling-stones-for-monday-night-football

Ice Cube is performing, Gene Simmons is singing the national anthem. Game starts at 10:15 EST/7:15 PST, there might be a bootleg stream up. Maybe Axl went to the Bay Area early.

Gene Simmons? From KISS? Singing our National Anthem?

Whats this country coming to?

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Excitement over a Facebook post? :lol: I thought that we had all figured out that whoever runs the Facebook page is a complete moron. Maybe it's just because this one makes so little sense. :shrugs:

The Facebook post is worded so strangely, it sounds like it was written by Axl himself

I've never seen Axl break down to complete gibberish before. :shrugs: There's also a severe lack of n'. It's just the same moron that usually posts for them.

in 2008 they aired a Chinese Democracy on Monday Night Football

if that means anything i doubt it

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=108168

GUNS N' ROSES premiered a new commercial teaser for its long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy", during "Saturday Night Live" over the weekend. The 30-second spot, which can be viewed below, features the recently released title track and information about the album pre-sale. The teaser will run again tonight during "Monday Night Football", which airs on ESPN at 8:15 p.m. EST.

"Chinese Democracy" will be released in the U.S. exclusively through Best Buy. The 14-song set will be available on CD, vinyl, and as a download. While singer Axl Rose has remained silent, co-managers Irving Azoff and Andy Gould said in a statement, "The release of 'Chinese Democracy' marks a historic moment in rock n'roll. We're launching with a monumental campaign...that matches the groundbreaking sound of the album itself. GUNS N' ROSES fans have every reason to celebrate, for this is only the beginning."

One new song, "Shackler's Revenge", debuted on September 14 through the Rock Band 2 video game, while another, called "If The World", can be heard in the new film "Body of Lies".

"Chinese Democracy" is the first album of new material from GUNS N' ROSES since 1991's "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II".

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx?ESPN_to_celebrate_Rolling_Stones_during_NFL_Monday_Night_Football__but_dont_expect_Satisfaction/29-16855

ESPN to celebrate Rolling Stones during NFL Monday Night Football - but don't expect 'Satisfaction'

9/10/2012 11:01:00 AM

British Rock band The Rolling Stones, from left, Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts and Keith Richards. Associated Press file

ESPN announced that, starting tonight, the network will pay tribute to legendary rock act The Rolling Stones during its Monday Night Football coverage through the fall.

The Stones celebrate the big five-oh this year, and the National Football League will show sport highlights co-mingled with 16 classic Stones hits.

The "Legend to Legend" series launches tonight with two games at a special time: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Baltimore Ravens (6 p.m.) and San Diego Chargers vs. Oakland Raiders (9:15 p.m.).

Countdown begins at 4 p.m.

The schedule continues throughout ESPN’s 16-week NFL schedule, which concludes on Dec. 22.

Showcased will be songs from 1972's "Exile on Main St." through 2005's "A Bigger Bang."

Awesome, right? Pretty much. BUT.

The downside here is that the featured tunes date back to the early 70s, which, in all honestly, is only 40 years of Rolling Stones greatness.

"Satisfaction"? Ya cain't get no. It was released in 1965.

So, "Let's Spend the Night Together" ('67) and watch some football? ... Forget about it.

Well, OK. So, "You Can't Always Get What You Want." Right? (1969) Wrong. Well, ain't that a "B*tch." (1971)

If the ESPN press release timeline is correct (unless they include something from a greatest hits album, perchance?), there will be no "Honky Tonk Women" ('69) or "Let it Bleed" ('69) or "Jumpin' Jack Flash" ('68) or or "Sympathy for the Devil" ('68) or "Brown Sugar" ('71) or "Time Is on My Side" ('64).

This decision is strange to me, especially since the Stones, featuring longtime members Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood, released at least an album a year between 1964 and 1971.

They lead the charge of the 1960s British Invasion, for cryin' out loud.

What's stranger still is that the band will celebrate with a greatest hits multi-disc release, "GRRR!," on Nov. 12 that goes all the way back to their first single, "Come On."

I know, I know, this isn't really about rock history. It's a package to sell sports. I get it. Forty years is still a really long time, especially for any rock band.

What ESPN said will be included are hits and "deep cuts," said the sports broadcast station. You will hear “It’s Only Rock ’n Roll (but I Like it)," “Hot Stuff” and “One Hit (To the Body)."

Four songs per month will be used on ESPN’s Monday Night Countdown pregame show, bumpers and teasers, post Monday Night Football segments on SportsCenter, ESPN "flagship" highlights, news and info show, a press statement from ESPN said.

“We're very proud that the Rolling Stones chose ESPN’s Monday Night Football to play a major role in their 50th Anniversary celebration," said Bob Toms, ESPN vice president of production enhancements, who oversees the ESPN Music department.

"Sports and music fans alike will enjoy the combination of these two pop culture legends – the most successful prime time sports series in the history of television and the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band to supply music for our season-long soundtrack.”

In six seasons on ESPN, MNF has registered seven of the top 10 all-time biggest household audiences in cable history.

Indeed, MNF is the longest-running sports series in U.S. television history. Its first season was in 1970 on the ABC network.

Edited by Birk