Guns n Roses kicking ass & taking names at its Vegas residency: Billboard boxscore

saber_

jacksonville was always one of my best markets strangely enough

For wrestling? Jacksonville always does well when WWE rolls into town. Another big event is the Monster Truck rally. Kenny Chestney will sell out shows in minutes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't care how many people showed up or how much any show grossed. I just hope everybody there had a great time.

I think it is funny how people always have excuses for Axl now - and twist the numbers/situation around to make him look good - no matter what. 2,800 a night is NOT good, and we don't know how good a 250,000 gross is - without knowing the costs of the show.

Exactly

2800 out of 3300. Around 85% capacity. Sounds pretty good to me.

GnR selling 2800 tickets a show sounds like a good turn out to you? The one review I read about Motley Crue's residency said it was sold out.

Don't get me wrong, Axl is my favorite rock singer. But I can still be honest and admit that 2800 tickets a night is not that great.

And Axl can go to certain countries and do 40,000 attendance and well gross well over a million dollars in one night.

What is your point?

Are you really arguing that attendance, and not dollars, is the true measure of success in the music BUSINESS?

And if not, why are you arguing with me if you agree with me? Very odd.

The Guns n' Roses name is the reason for those figures. If it really was Axl on his own we'd be seeing numbers far more in line with those posted for Slash.

Well maybe Slash should stop crying about selling over the rights to the name and move on...can't stand that whiny overrated butt hurt wanker!!

But seriously, Axl Rose is incredible and a god.

they seem to be at number 41 now and Nicki Minaj is 27!?!

(In before MLS educates us that being ranked 41 is somehow better than if they were ranked 1st, says that sales/gross do not matter but then compares the totals to Slash's lowest total, asks for people's credentials in regards to what they are posting, before finally putting $20,000 in escrow and challenges anybody not worshipping Axl to a 100-yard dash).

jacksonville was always one of my best markets strangely enough

For wrestling? Jacksonville always does well when WWE rolls into town. Another big event is the Monster Truck rally. Kenny Chestney will sell out shows in minutes

i meant for music, but i know wrestling does okay there as well. jax is a small market, but the local music scene there is pretty good.

Don't get me wrong, Axl is my favorite rock singer. But I can still be honest and admit that 2800 tickets a night is not that great.

They're playing 12 shows in the same city in a short span of time with very high ticket prices. 2800 a night would be very lucrative for all involved.

What are your industry qualifications for being able to determine whether 2800 is "great" or "not great" ? They did nearly $800,000 in three nights, with no road expenses between shows. Looks like the residency is going to be a huge financial success.

So using your numbers, you will admit that Motley Crue is a bigger draw than GnR? And their residency was a greater success than GnR?

Not just the residency, but for all of the united states? Because Motley beat GnR in every category. Gross, attendance, sell out percentage....motley was higher.

But getting away from FACTS and back to just opinions. Why do you think they decided go go with "very high ticket prices" if they "no road expenses between shows"......wouldn't that be a time to give die-hard fans a break on ticket costs?

If their costs are so minimal, and they already have recorded a couple albums worth of material (so they don't need money for that).....is this a pure cash grab then?