Post UYI Tour and Voice Training

IncitingChaos

I appreciate you taking the time to view and answer our questions. If any of this has been answered already I apologize for wasting your time.

I understand you were not on tour with the band during the Use Your Illusions tour, but it seems after this tour that the wheels began completely coming off the bus. Whether that be because everyone's personal life was moving away from Guns N Roses or after spending two years with the same people you begin to resent them for reasons you can't even explain. I was interested in finding out how Slash, and Duff felt about Axl after the tour. Do you by chance remember speaking to them and there being any anger towards Axl, or possibly concern for Axl's health? The few things Axl has said about this tour has dealt with him not being in a good place in his life emotionally. Axl seems to be sincere in everything he says, so I imagine the band knew he wasn't doing great on a personal level?

One more question I have is about Axl's voice. When asked about vocal training or anything to do with his voice he seems to brush it off. The past ten years we have heard Axl display a clean version of his voice in 2002. Then in 2006 we begin hearing that classic Axl voice that is really hard to explain, but distinct to him. This voice gets stronger all the way through 2010 where many people on here agree is one of the strongest voices we have ever heard from Axl. Now he seems to have lost a little power, but mixes his clean voice with a raspier sounding one. I honestly never thought Axl could maintain a voice like his, but hearing what he was capable of this past decade, how do you attribute this ability? It's clear as Chinese Democracy was approaching he worked on his vocals. From knowing him is he someone who is dedicated to working with a vocal coach on his voice, or is it just a natural thing for Axl to still be able to belt out some of the the classic songs?

As far as I know there was nothing wrong with Axl's health after UYI tour. AS far as voice training, I think he just does some worm up tricks that he learned over the years backstage before a gig. I don't know if he works with anyone for this. My guess is that he probably has a trainer that he sees every now and then.