Great comercial success for Guns n Roses in Sin City

gnrkoncerti

Gnr also just played in Vegas, La and all the surrounding areas a number of times over the past couple of years. Also, not sure what time of year Crue played Vegas but this time of year was too hard for me to make it to Vegas. I havent ruled out a last minute attempt but Ive seen this show a number of times. There's definitely less of a sense of urgency for me to pull out my credit card and spend money I dont have. I may just wait and go to Def Leppard in the spring. I havent seen them in years. Doesnt mean I like them more than gnr. Not even close. Same probably was the case for Crue selling out.

But that's just the thing. They did NOT sell out, Groghan falsely claimed that they did.

If GN'R have already reached Motley Crue's attendance records for their entire residency, then ironically by Groghan's OWN selected criteria, GN'R's residency is very successful.

Funny how those numbers were supposed to be great for Crue but they're supposed to be bad for GN'R.

Did Groghan claim that they sold out EVERY show? Which bands ticket prices were higher In 2011? Which band sold more tickets? Which band had the higher average gross?

During the relatively early days of the GN'R residency, Groghan lamented that GN'R were not selling out while "Motley Crue sold out their residency" - that certainly suggests that he meant overall because if it was selling out one or two shows then why was he complaining when GN'R had many many shows to go?

The 2011 numbers are irrelevant because his claim was about the residencies which both happened in 2012.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gnr also just played in Vegas, La and all the surrounding areas a number of times over the past couple of years. Also, not sure what time of year Crue played Vegas but this time of year was too hard for me to make it to Vegas. I havent ruled out a last minute attempt but Ive seen this show a number of times. There's definitely less of a sense of urgency for me to pull out my credit card and spend money I dont have. I may just wait and go to Def Leppard in the spring. I havent seen them in years. Doesnt mean I like them more than gnr. Not even close. Same probably was the case for Crue selling out.

But that's just the thing. They did NOT sell out, Groghan falsely claimed that they did.

If GN'R have already reached Motley Crue's attendance records for their entire residency, then ironically by Groghan's OWN selected criteria, GN'R's residency is very successful.

Funny how those numbers were supposed to be great for Crue but they're supposed to be bad for GN'R.

Did Groghan claim that they sold out EVERY show? Which bands ticket prices were higher In 2011? Which band sold more tickets? Which band had the higher average gross?

Ticket prices were identical for both bands.