Great comercial success for Guns n Roses in Sin City

gnrkoncerti

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great the residency did well - but what's the purpose of it - after the previous tour -they all talk new album and then announce a residency and indian dates? Its not like they didn't play a variation of the same set they've been playing for years...this whole thing seemed pretty pointless unless they put something out by mid2013 - if it is to serve as some sort of springboard for the band

my guess is, that GN'R are finally done in touring CD with this residency. hopefully they're looking at it as a final step to close the "old era". appetite to CD. maybe they are now focussing on making a new album as a new band, where all the new guys who didn't work on CD, can put their ideas in.

maybe not,

Brasil and Australia are rumoured for early next year

my guess is, that GN'R are finally done in touring CD with this residency. hopefully they're looking at it as a final step to close the "old era". appetite to CD. maybe they are now focussing on making a new album as a new band, where all the new guys who didn't work on CD, can put their ideas in.

maybe not,

Brasil and Australia are rumoured for early next year

oh man... the neverendig story. when will they stop touring?

- when bumble decides to quit

- when ticket sales are bad

- when they've travelled the world and back?

Well, we know the band haven't gone in a studio and recorded new music, the residency's almost over, and there's more shows to come. It doesn't mean Axl hasn't worked on new music or members of the band haven't written new music.

A year ago, Axl wasn't specific about what kind of shows he had planned this year, but I'm sure UCAP and the residency were discussed back then, as well as places the band hadn't played before.

this would be the ideal screenplay.

Maybe the purpose was to do what they love and play music for their fans?

I've never understood why this one wouldn't be a good enough reason.

because the lack of new music

Maybe the purpose was to do what they love and play music for their fans?

I've never understood why this one wouldn't be a good enough reason.

It is! But for some who "think" the band owes them something, it's not.

I don't thing the band owes anyone anything, but its the band that keeps talking about recording new music and the band that keeps booking more tour dates! Band members should just shut the fuck up already about recording new music if they don't want to set any expectations from the fans. Its like talking about coke with a cokehead yet with no money or means to get any......just fucking worthless

the best i can figure out is that motley somehow grossed more money because he had to eat dinner with his wife?

Wow. Always with the personal jabs. Like I said....if you could just chat with people without making personal insults, the forum would be a lot better off. You bashed me for not responding to you right away. I gave you the reason why. I had to cook dinner, I don't live on the forum 24/7. Why you would make a smart ass comment about that............just proves the point that some of you guys aren't here to chat about GnR, but are on some weird mission to insult anybody that disagrees with you. Weird. But whatever floats your boat. You guys keep caring so much about what I think. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Anyway,

Like already told you. I did a quick Yahoo search for the attendance. Took about 5 minutes of time. They all say that it was a sold out stay or that some of the shows sold out. Why this is sooooo bothersome for some of you.......who knows. Personally, I really don't care how many people are in attendance at a show. Apparently you all do. And let me apologize in advance if somebody responds to this message and I don't respond back within 8 minutes. Since there is no show tonight, I won't be checking in to the forum constantly.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/vince-neil-reveals-motley-crue-invited-for-second-las-vegas-residency/

http://www.lvrj.com/neon/raunch-on-full-display-as-motley-crue-begins-hard-rock-residency-138719329.html

http://www.licklibrary.com/news/2012/8/4067-motley_crue_invited_back_for_another_las_vegas_residency

Edited by Groghan

And here are the 2011 Pollstar final numbers, that show that Motley Crue had a much better financial year than GnR did.

Why this bothers some of you sooooo much, and why some of you are obsessed with everything I say - even going so far as to make up words to describe me and take shots at my personal life.....well, I guess that says as much about you as it does about your perception of me.

Rabia.....you keep throwing out wild and crazy claims, and ignoring the questions of yours that I do answer. So until you scale down your agression and insults, and actually ask a specific question - don't expect a response. Let's see if you can do it. Ask a specific question or point out something that you think I purposely lied about, do it without an insult, and I will respond. Are you capable of doing this?

http://www.metal4all.com/motley-crue-def-leppard-rush-among-top-grossing-north-american-tours-of-2011/

groghan is trying to change the argument now. the pollstar numbers are for all 51 shows motley crue did last year, not just for the residency.

vince neil claiming every show sold out means nothing. when will you guys learn that celebrities lie constantly in the press.

billboard boxscore shows groghan was wrong when he claimed crue sold out their residency. he should apologize for the misinformation. period.

I see that and Motley played more shows!

Edited by batman007

groghan is trying to change the argument now. the pollstar numbers are for all 51 shows motley crue did last year, not just for the residency.

vince neil claiming every show sold out means nothing. when will you guys learn that celebrities lie constantly in the press.

billboard boxscore shows groghan was wrong when he claimed crue sold out their residency. he should apologize for the misinformation. period.

In Groghan's defense he brought in the argument of the Pollstar 2011 numbers separate from their residency. (Motley's residency was this year).

Motley had a higher average gross than GN'R last year. The Pollstar numbers are for the US only though, if it were worldwide I would bet GN'R had an higher average gross.

In Groghan's defense he brought in the argument of the Pollstar 2011 numbers separate from their residency. (Motley's residency was this year).

Motley had a higher average gross than GN'R last year. The Pollstar numbers are for the US only though, if it were worldwide I would bet GN'R had an higher average gross.

I would take that bet too!

The band says very little about the next album, probably so they don't set any expectations.

When they say nothing, everyone complains. When they say what they can, everyone complains.

The moral of the story is that everyone is going to complain no matter what.

When any other artist talks about new music, there is usually a plan / timeline in place for it to take place; when GnR talks new music, its like fucking groundhog day. The point is, when they do so, they set an expectation and when they keep announcing tour dates upon tour dates, they seem a bit full of shit.

And here are the 2011 Pollstar final numbers, that show that Motley Crue had a much better financial year than GnR did.

Why this bothers some of you sooooo much, and why some of you are obsessed with everything I say - even going so far as to make up words to describe me and take shots at my personal life.....well, I guess that says as much about you as it does about your perception of me.

Rabia.....you keep throwing out wild and crazy claims, and ignoring the questions of yours that I do answer. So until you scale down your agression and insults, and actually ask a specific question - don't expect a response. Let's see if you can do it. Ask a specific question or point out something that you think I purposely lied about, do it without an insult, and I will respond. Are you capable of doing this?

http://www.metal4all...-tours-of-2011/

Are you capable of something beyond playing the victim? When you made a claim yourself and were asked to give evidence for it, why was your response "I love it how people cant stop talking about me"? Do you realize that when you make a claim, it is perfectly logical for people to question it.

By the way, what was the point of posting a link about the raunch and sleaze conent of the Motley Crue show? You posted 3 links, one of which was entirely irrelevant and two which contained nothing beyond Vince Neil himself claiming that their residency sold out. There's no solid evidence of your claims here at all. So this time, take more than 5 minutes because once again your claim remains unsupported.

Edited by rabia

The band says very little about the next album, probably so they don't set any expectations.

When they say nothing, everyone complains. When they say what they can, everyone complains.

The moral of the story is that everyone is going to complain no matter what.

is there any other band in the world with such a high percentage of whiney bitches as fans?

Perfect name for a new section "Whiney Bitches Fan Section"A place for whiney bitches to unite and whine endlessly from now until the end of time.It's got a nice ring to it. Edited by cbgnr