Hollywood Rose with Slash and Steven

DieselDaisy

I think I have this correct? This was about 1984. Axl sacked Weber and hired Slash and Adler. Izzy was not very pleased so quit and joined Nikki Sixx's old band, London. This version of Hollywood Rose (think they may have went under 'New' Hollywood Rose on some flyers) played just a few gigs before disbanding. Slash blames an incident when Axl smashed a glass on some guys head in the frontrow. Steven merely says they rarely rehearsed. Anyhow, Slash joind Black Sheep and Axl, LA Guns.

Marc, any information on this line-up. I have read something that implies that Slash joined under the impesson that he would have been the only guitarist and his arrival caused a bit of a conflict with Izzy. Was Izzy pissed off more because of Weber's sacking (without his knowledge), or, Slash's arrival? And why did it collapse so fast? I mean it is 3/5 of GN'R one year before GNR were actually formed! You have to wonder why the potential they realised later was not realised then. And how many gigs did they play?

Slash did join Blacksheep but it was 8 months after Hollywood Rose fell apart. Izzy was the one who didn't want to work with Slash. Also Izzy and Axl may have had a fight about an arrangement over a song. I remember Slash wanted to be in a band with Axl and Izzy after seeing Rose play. I also think because Steven was still using double Bass at the time witch is a big reason it didn't work. Slowing things down a bit made all the difference Also the guys weren't ready to click yet, they all needed one more band without each other first. Also the fact that Duff was there the second time made a little difference.

Was he good on double bass, or did he sound like a wannabe Alex Van Halen when he played it? And why did so many people want to play in London?

Black Sheep sounds like it would've been like Living Colour, but never took it to the next level. Do you think Slash could've wound up in Janes Addiction and Dave Navarro in GNR back in 84-85?

Was he good on double bass, or did he sound like a wannabe Alex Van Halen when he played it? And why did so many people want to play in London?

Black Sheep sounds like it would've been like Living Colour, but never took it to the next level. Do you think Slash could've wound up in Janes Addiction and Dave Navarro in GNR back in 84-85?

Slash was in Blacksheep for about 2 weeks before he quit to join up with the guys in Guns N' Roses again. I guess you can call it something like Living Colour. I don't think swiching Dave out for Slash would have done the trick. Jungle, SCOM and Paradise City were the 3 songs that pushed GNR to the top and with out Slash's involvement those songs wouldn't be.