Do you keep in touch with Izzy? Why did he not attend the HOF in your opinion?

izzydoezit

I didn't see or talk to Izzy for 16 years. I did find him when I was getting ready to put out the book. He was happy with the idea of what I was doing and was going to come over to look at it and make comments until he found out that we were doing video interviews, then he asked me to email him some pictures for comment and then he when dark. I also think I lost him when I told him I was also meeting with Desi. I wanted her because she was in a lot of the photos and was there from the start. I guess he wanted to forget about the time he spent with her and got scared away.

There were 100.000 copies printed. I am holding about 41,500 of them at Canter's , My house and my moms house. Our distributer is holding about 20,000 of them. Also 3,000 of them were damaged and there is probably about 2,000 of them out in stores or sub warehouses. So it looks like we sold about 33,000 of them. I know it's a small number. My goal was to get it to 500,000 fans out of the millions out there

Edited by recklessroad

what do you think prevented you from reaching that goal?

The wrong publisher. It was there first book and they didn't have a clue how to get it out there.

That's unfortunate. I have my copy, and it's such a blast to read. (and look at)

Who's Desi? Assuming Izzy's gf back then?

Anyone got a pic?

Photos in Marc's book. No idea what she looks like in present day, but that kind of sucks that an ex-girlfriend who had been part of the entertainment and eye candy sent Izzy off into hiding from taking part in the book, but from the recovering addict for life standpoint, every little thing he sees that sets off a relapse he'll take to another level to avoid. He's worked on mending fences with all the guys in GNR as best as possible, but if she was and is a toxic personality, it's understandable. But to not take part in a book because of something that was a lifetime ago? Guess it doesn't feel like it was that long ago to him.

It is a popular magazine. Classic Rock also run the Slash fanpacks (special editions of his two solo albums). In the first fanpack - which is now being sold for about £70 (wish I had bought multiple copies at the time!) - there was a big feature on your book.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I didn't see or talk to Izzy for 16 years. I did find him when I was getting ready to put out the book. He was happy with the idea of what I was doing and was going to come over to look at it and make comments until he found out that we were doing video interviews, then he asked me to email him some pictures for comment and then he when dark. I also think I lost him when I told him I was also meeting with Desi. I wanted her because she was in a lot of the photos and was there from the start. I guess he wanted to forget about the time he spent with her and got scared away.

There were 100.000 copies printed. I am holding about 41,500 of them at Canter's , My house and my moms house. Our distributer is holding about 20,000 of them. Also 3,000 of them were damaged and there is probably about 2,000 of them out in stores or sub warehouses. So it looks like we sold about 33,000 of them. I know it's a small number. My goal was to get it to 500,000 fans out of the millions out there

did you have any thoughts on why he skipped the hof induction?

did you have any thoughts on why he skipped the hof induction?

It could be because maybe he would have had to speak? Izzy doesn't do well when it comes to that kind of event. He likes to keep things on the down low and laid back.