GN'R movie

GibsonLP

Hi Marc

If ever there was to be a film made about GnR (not a documentary but something like The Doors movie with Val Kilmer), film studios would probably want to talk to you for info when writing the script. Are you aware of any plans for a movie about GnR? Or any plans to turn either Slash's or Duff's book into a film?

Thanks Marc

Ryan

Good thing they wouldn't get the rights, they no doubt would go with Slash and Duff's revisionism and fantasy about the name thing, which would only serve to publicly humiliate Axl further.

Says the guy who wasn't there :)

You do know that Slash & Duff have contradicted each other's claims, and even their own multiple times right? It's been shown right here in this section. But Axl has been consistent.

Good thing they wouldn't get the rights, they no doubt would go with Slash and Duff's revisionism and fantasy about the name thing, which would only serve to publicly humiliate Axl further.

You do know that Slash & Duff have contradicted each other's claims, and even their own multiple times right? It's been shown right here in this section. But Axl has been consistent.

Again, you weren't there. The only people that know what really went on were them.

Axl hasn't contradicted himself? That's BS. Everything the guy has said since the demise of the old-lineup has served only to re-paint the past as a horrible time that he barely survived dealing with the evil Slash, etc. and cast the multiple lineups since as a god send and best guns lineups ever, and let's not talk how much better the music (what little there has been) is now than then.

Regarding UYI :

Pre-94

"Everything on that record is exactly the f*cking way we wanted it. I can find a couple of points where a not wasn't quite in time, and a couple of things like that, but everything came out the way we wanted it."

"

"It’s coming together just great. Cos Slash is on like a motherfucker right now. The songs are coming together - they’re coming together real heavy. I’ve written all these ballads and Slash has written all these really heavy crunch rockers"

"This time round...Izzy’s brought in eight songs at least, OK? Slash has brought in an album, I’ve brought in an album. And Duff’s brought in one song - Duff said it all in one song- it’s called ‘Why do you look at me when you hate me?’ and it’s just bad-assed. None of this ever happened before. I mean, before the first album, I think Izzy had written one song in his entire life, ya know? But they’re coming now... And Izzy has this, like, very wry sense of humour, man. He’s got this song about...(half-singing the lyrics) : « She lost her mind today, got splattered out on the highway, I say that’s OK... » (laughs) ! It’s called ‘Dust and bones’, I think, and it’s great"

Post-94:

"I gave into a lot of pressure on Illusions both internally in Guns and externally in the press, those albums suffered as a consequence, it's not something I'm too excited to have to live with again."

"Well "Use Your Illusion" has got...You know, there's a much longer...I won't, there's a much longer story that..."Use Your Illusion" is...(sigh) basically Slash wanting to take over the band, Izzy being in his drug world, and the only way that we were able to even survive as a band was to make this double thing you know, like Slash's solo record, Izzy's solo record, and then I wrote stuff, but I mean, I had the phone calls of calling these guys going: "I'm not doing yours, if you don't do his!", and then calling Izzy and saying: "I'm not doing yours, if you don't do his! And I'm not doing either of yours, unless we do mine, and we'll do mine last!" But, it was that kinda fight for years. You know..."

"

With 'Illusions' several years ago, something came on the radio and I realized how the energy in the drums, though solid and consistent, brought me down in a way I feel damaged the material in the long run, if not from the get-go. Maybe it's there with some, most or all of us in ways, but I specifically notice it more with the drums"

Matt:

Pre-94

"We’re rally into letting Matt go more off on his own in terms of drumming for GN’R. On Use Your Illusion, he was pretty much playing just what we wanted to hear on a particular song – which we already had together before he joined the band. On the record, he’s one of the most amazing drummers I’ve ever heard, but he’s better than that."

" When he goes off on his own creative sense it’s pretty amazing. I want to facilitate that getting out. I want Matt to just explode on the next record."

Post 94:

"With 'Illusions' several years ago, something came on the radio and I realized how the energy in the drums, though solid and consistent, brought me down in a way I feel damaged the material in the long run, if not from the get-go. Maybe it's there with some, most or all of us in ways, but I specifically notice it more with the drums"

Slash:

Pre-94

"The bottom line is that nothing can come between Slash and I. As long as we have that bond, we still have Guns N' Roses"

Post-94

"Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies.' In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

What about all the Izzy bad-mouthing after he left and now the guys are buds again?

Should we get into all the release dates for CD?

2000? 2002? 2004? 2006? 2007?

We could certainly do a similar exercise for Slash, but to say AXL doesn't contradict himself is, in his own words a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self promotion" (and that of NuGuns"

In essence and in his OWN words, pre 94, everything was great, I love this band and all the guys in it.

When it all fell apart, those guys sucked, it was always shit between us, and these new guys are great, except that "these new guys" have changed a hundred times.

Honestly, I love the guy's musical talent, but STFU and put out more than 14 songs in 18 years with anybody instead of wasting energy talking about how shit it was with those fuckers back in the day.

Edited by alfa75