the extent to which beta isolates axl

hey marc, i've been really interested by the accounts you give of how far axl is isolated and sequestered from the world by his current manager. i always thought it seemed like B.S. when axl would give a press release and, for example, claim he had no idea that a tour was booked for him. or that he'd have no idea a band member was leaving.

the story of when slash went to axl's house to 'apologize' also seemed weird to me. slash claimed he went to the gate and told 'someone' that he wanted to make peace. in axl's account, 'someone' came to him and explained that slash finally broke, called out all of his current bandmates, and proclaimed axl to be the stronger.

could all these seemingly mind-boggling misunderstandings on axl's part be the result of beta's ivory tower approach? when axl claims to not no about what's happening with his tours or his bands and gets completely mixed messages from others, are these examples of the isolation beta keeps axl in that you've talked about?

hey marc, i've been really interested by the accounts you give of how far axl is isolated and sequestered from the world by his current manager. i always thought it seemed like B.S. when axl would give a press release and, for example, claim he had no idea that a tour was booked for him. or that he'd have no idea a band member was leaving.

the story of when slash went to axl's house to 'apologize' also seemed weird to me. slash claimed he went to the gate and told 'someone' that he wanted to make peace. in axl's account, 'someone' came to him and explained that slash finally broke, called out all of his current bandmates, and proclaimed axl to be the stronger.

could all these seemingly mind-boggling misunderstandings on axl's part be the result of beta's ivory tower approach? when axl claims to not no about what's happening with his tours or his bands and gets completely mixed messages from others, are these examples of the isolation beta keeps axl in that you've talked about?

But, Beta was not GNR's manager when all of those things happened.... I don't know, but it bothers me to listen to the fans complaining about Axl's behavior been influenced and dictated by "team brazil". I don't think that's the case. Axl is a 50yr old man, who can make its own decisions and choices, and regarding being influenced by other people, from what I read in interviews and the ex-members books, Doug Goldstein and Yoda had much more bad influence on him than anyone else.

To me, Beta and team Brazil are doing a great job (RIR, Las Vegas, Interviews, Social Media Management, No Leaks, No False hopes to fans regarding dates for a new CD, constant touring) and what I think is they really TRUST each other's opinion (family wise and business wise)! But what do I know, I'm just a fan who follows the band since '89.

As I said before a lot of the people that work for Axl take care of things that come up that they think will bother Axl in some way. Sometimes they tell Axl about them after they take care of it and sometimes they don't. They do it because they don't want to see Axl get upset. Because Axl didn't deal with what ever it was on his own, it's second hand information and there is alway room with that for things to get Interpreted differently

Edited by recklessroad

But, Beta was not GNR's manager when all of those things happened.... I don't know, but it bothers me to listen to the fans complaining about Axl's behavior been influenced and dictated by "team brazil". I don't think that's the case. Axl is a 50yr old man, who can make its own decisions and choices, and regarding being influenced by other people, from what I read in interviews and the ex-members books, Doug Goldstein and Yoda had much more bad influence on him than anyone else.

To me, Beta and team Brazil are doing a great job (RIR, Las Vegas, Interviews, Social Media Management, No Leaks, No False hopes to fans regarding dates for a new CD, constant touring) and what I think is they really TRUST each other's opinion (family wise and business wise)! But what do I know, I'm just a fan who follows the band since '89.

We also read Axl had a tendency to disappear and not tell people where he was going, but it could've been a game he was playing, and once he had money, he could hire people to play interference as needed. But it's like any big name celebrity, you're not going to call them directly, even though social media's changed some of that (but we know personal assistants do Tweet on their boss' behalf).