Do you think Axl should ever discuss with a journalist why GNR broke up in the mid 90s?

izzydoezit

I am not talking about a rant on MYGNR, or a staged Del James interview.

I am talking about a real discussion with a respectful journalist that is not biased against Axl, but who is eager to bring out the truth in that matter.

Do you think Axl has ever been invited to do so? Was he not given a chance to explain himself?

I believe that the honest thing towards the fans would be to discuss it publicly and in interviews. The way Slash did with his own interviews. And maybe that's why so many people take Slash's side of the story. Maybe if Axl had discussed his points publicly more people could side with him?

Edited by izzydoezit

Thats the thing I have never understood...it is known that Axl cares about what people think of him, and we know that it makes Axl mad when people blame him for the breakup. But the biggest thing that makes many people not have Axls back is Axls lack of a sensable response...

People ask Slash was happened and he says- "Well Axl would never show up to the concert on time, then he wouldn't show up to the studio and things just kinda broke up and people went their own way"

People ask Axl was happened (I will copy what I said from my other thread to here because I think it applies)- "Due to the many complaints n' errors over the past transgressions of the old guns I feel that for the best interests of the current line-up n' overall difference of the time n' the people involved it would be brainwashing of the masses to ever look at the what if's of the many changes"

Which quote out of those 2 are people going to agree with/understand?

Until Axl gets real and quits with my cryptic quotes, people will always look at him in a negative light...and it will hold back Axl and the progress of the current line-up.

The Howard Stern thread mentions 1. Magazine interview w Rollin Stone magazine, 1. Tv interview,which was Kimmel and 1. Radio interview w Howard.

To answer your question yeah he should, with the wierd looking guy from RS. Forgot his name. Longish black hair w glasses

None of them ever give straight answers cuz thier afraid to get thier asses sued off..so the cycle of bs goes round n round.

If someone is talking shit about me and/or misleading some others with lies, I'd stand up and tell the truth, with facts. But Axl? No, he would just... ignore it and then say 20 years later: "you've been lied to for so long and... Slash and Duff bullied me so.. I couldn't write anything for years. Bad boys, hate them for me please".

Thats the thing I have never understood...it is known that Axl cares about what people think of him, and we know that it makes Axl mad when people blame him for the breakup. But the biggest thing that makes many people not have Axls back is Axls lack of a sensable response...

People ask Slash was happened and he says- "Well Axl would never show up to the concert on time, then he wouldn't show up to the studio and things just kinda broke up and people went their own way"

People ask Axl was happened (I will copy what I said from my other thread to here because I think it applies)- "Due to the many complaints n' errors over the past transgressions of the old guns I feel that for the best interests of the current line-up n' overall difference of the time n' the people involved it would be brainwashing of the masses to ever look at the what if's of the many changes"

Which quote out of those 2 are people going to agree with/understand?

Until Axl gets real and quits with my cryptic quotes, people will always look at him in a negative light...and it will hold back Axl and the progress of the current line-up.

Truth lmaooooo

I think Axl is over it all now and wouldn't want to rehash it.

That's probably why he hasn't written a book yet. If Axl ever did write a book about the GNR early days to the break up, I would believe his version over any of the other original members.

I haven't read Slash's book, but a friend did and she said slash said only good things about Axl, but maybe slash didn't want to make the book all about the breakup and the bad times either.

I don't think Axl owes anyone any explanation of the breakup since it's been over 20 years or so and I agree that since he has a new GNR band now, it's time to move forward and not dwell on the past.

If he's like me and other people, dwelling on the past only makes you feel that anger all over again and that's not good especially when you get older. There has to be a time to let it go and make peace with your self and move forward. I think Axl is doing that and good for him.

Slash was very fair IMO when talking about Axl in his book. Steven,Duff,n Slash all could have ripped Axl in thier books, but didnt.

I think its because of lawyers, or they would rather not stir the shit pot anymore, since theyre tryin to move on.

Correct me if Im wrong about Stevens book,havent read it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Slash was very fair IMO when talking about Axl in his book. Steven,Duff,n Slash all could have ripped Axl in thier books, but didnt.

I think its because of lawyers, or they would rather not stir the shit pot anymore, since theyre tryin to move on.

Correct me if Im wrong about Stevens book,havent read it yet.

Steven only made fun of axl a little also said something like "we all know how fucked up he was around women" and told a few stories to prove his point witch are probably true but exaggerated if they're like his other stories and kind of hypocritical when you consider his own history with women. Other than that it was the same old axl bullied helpless innocent me. The part about waking up in hospital with axl waiting was very emotional though. The only real brotherhood scene i found in all the books.

I think slashs/duffs book were very diplomatic probably because they wanted a reunion or were just over it by then and were looking at the situation with less bitterness and realizing it hasn't been all axls fault.

I don't think slash wrote much of his book i found a lot of sentences there that were exact copies of what he's said in interviews so he was probably advised about what to say/how to say it.

Axl's always sucked at explaining himself and he's still too emotionally involved with the situation to talk about it without sounding either like an asshole or 12 year old emo kid. So i say no.

Edited by useyorappetite