GnR videos

T.wa.T

How did/do other people wind up w guns videos, from thier early years. I was on a site the other day, where they basically had all the early shows?

Was there someone else recording shows with you? Like someone who worked at that particular club? Also when they went on the road for the first time, did Geffen send someone with them to video tape shows?

No I was the only one doing it. The reason some of them got out was because of the girlfriends. They would make copies for there friends. After they went of tour with the Cult in 1987 is when I stopped doing it unless there was a LA gig. The band starting doing them in 1991

No I was the only one doing it. The reason some of them got out was because of the girlfriends. They would make copies for there friends. After they went of tour with the Cult in 1987 is when I stopped doing it unless there was a LA gig. The band starting doing them in 1991

again thanks for taking the time.

I have so many questions for you, Im tryin to hold back the best I can, lol

Hi Marc. I know you have to wait for the go ahead before you release any old videos that haven't leaked but regarding the ones that already have (the Roxy 1-18-86, Fender's Ballroom 3-21-86, the Central 5-1-86, etc.) is there any possibility of you uploading your files of them? I'm referring to shows that have been widely circulating for a long time. Since what we have are all less than 2nd generation copies of copies, yours would be of the best quality. This way you wouldn't be releasing anything we haven't seen and not breaking any rules.

The first GNR video I saw was on tuesday 16th july 1985 the first tuesday after the live aid concert. The vid was shown to me by a girl who got it from someone in the states. GNR must of been about 5 weeks old then. This happened in NZ.

A week earlier on the 10 of july NZ had its first terrorism attack codenamed operation "satanic" the sinking of the greenpeace boat "rainbow warrior" by france.

wow man, you're one of the few ones whom knows GNR in 1985, nice

Edited by Crash Diet

I may be totally wrong but I always thought MTV might've filmed the CBGB show . I know the first place I saw a snippet of it was at the end of MTV's GNR Rockumentary . They played a part of it as the credits rolled . MTV also used a quick snippet of One in A million during a story (on Mtv News I think) about how GNR and Sebastian Bach (or his T'shirt atleast) were in trouble for being insensitive to homosexuals. For those reasons I always assumed MTV owned the footage.

From 1986 alone, does anyone know of any videos leaked besides these 7?

1-18-86 Roxy

3-21-86 Fender's Ballroom

3-28-86 Roxy

4-26-86 Gazarri's

5-1-86 Central

7-11-86 Troubadour

9-13-86 Music Machine

If these are the only ones we've got, with just okay quality, Marc please let us know if it would be breaking any of your rules to allow us to see it from the firsthand source.

If there is a box set out someday, would you keep the VHS ratio the way it's supposed to be or will they stretch it out to fix the 16:9 widescreen? Hopefully the former so I can put them on VHS. That would be awesome. I've had to convert all the videos that were put on youtube since they were stretched.

Reply to: recklessroad

Exactly, it makes everything look weird. I think the Tokyo Dome dvd release is like that. Another reason I hung onto the tapes. Regarding the Roxy show where they played at 10pm and 12am, about half of the 10pm show has been available. Is that because whoever copied your tape didn't bother to get the whole thing? Or did you only videotape the first set?

Edited by Creepshow2