could beta ever leave axl?

by all accounts, it seems like axl and beta are inseparable. but in their interview with the LA times this year, beta talked about how she had to play hard ball with axl in order to get the official job of managing the band, even threatening to leave him if he tried to hire anyone else to work with them.

do you think that was a real threat? or was she just bluffing in order to get axl to do what she wanted? do you think they'd ever split up? a messy break-up sounds inevitable when we're talking about axl and managers. but it's impossible to imagine when we're talking about axl and his surrogate mother.

what would axl's life be like without beta?

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Guest bellastar2355

I think she would leave... he needs her more than she needs him. She could probably be a nanny again. But he would be an emotional mess. (Just my opinion)

Yes, after 20 years and watching other managers take large chunks out of the GNR pie and not giving bang for the buck, I think she was just tired of the revolving door, and just figured if Sharon O could do it, why couldn't she? If anything, Beta prob. has a degree and Sharon doesn't.

She could just go out and say she's available to manage other bands, she's done working for Axl, and I guarantee there would be interest from some really big names. Because if she could deal with him, anyone else would be a cakewalk to work with. I also think when you see people like Springsteen being managed by a former music critic, he already has a lawyer and tour manager, so all Team Brazil do is make sure the band's paid and taken care of, anything in fine print or fucked up, because she has one client, the attention to detail is that much greater. Axl never got that from any other manager because he was never #1 priority.

I doubt she was bluffing. She prob. saved her money up in case things fell through, her kids are grown, i'm assuming they've gone through college and just doing this because it could lead to other things. She's prob. set for life in Brazil and the US and I'm sure her kids with the touring experience they've been a part of, have some open doors if it came down to moving on.

I mean, she isn't young, so it's possible she might just decide to not want to go on the road for them, and the management team she helped put together can be run like any other small business, and just work from home or an office at that point in her life. Axl cares about her a lot and he understands there's prob. a point where she'll go, like his sister had done years ago, and others.

There is a lot of Stress 24/7 in the everyday life in that Axl camp But, I don't think Beta would ever leave it. However if they had to keep paying a manger 15 to 20% to do the work that Beta does anyway, they could run out of the money it takes to run things.

Edited by recklessroad

Yes, after 20 years and watching other managers take large chunks out of the GNR pie and not giving bang for the buck, I think she was just tired of the revolving door, and just figured if Sharon O could do it, why couldn't she? If anything, Beta prob. has a degree and Sharon doesn't.

She could just go out and say she's available to manage other bands, she's done working for Axl, and I guarantee there would be interest from some really big names. Because if she could deal with him, anyone else would be a cakewalk to work with. I also think when you see people like Springsteen being managed by a former music critic, he already has a lawyer and tour manager, so all Team Brazil do is make sure the band's paid and taken care of, anything in fine print or fucked up, because she has one client, the attention to detail is that much greater. Axl never got that from any other manager because he was never #1 priority.

I doubt she was bluffing. She prob. saved her money up in case things fell through, her kids are grown, i'm assuming they've gone through college and just doing this because it could lead to other things. She's prob. set for life in Brazil and the US and I'm sure her kids with the touring experience they've been a part of, have some open doors if it came down to moving on.

I mean, she isn't young, so it's possible she might just decide to not want to go on the road for them, and the management team she helped put together can be run like any other small business, and just work from home or an office at that point in her life. Axl cares about her a lot and he understands there's prob. a point where she'll go, like his sister had done years ago, and others.

what do you mean like his sister left? he's not in contact with his brother and sister anymore? :(

My guess is she knows what side her bread is buttered on so she wouldn't be going anywhere. Why walk away from the cash cow?

I think the bigger question is would Axl ever give Beta the ass. I think that is a much more realistic proposition. He actually did boot her out of the house a few years ago for a couple of weeks after she went behind his back and tried to get Goldstein back into the fold. Goldstein the clown put photos of himself from the meeting with her on facebook, which obviously got back to Axl and he hit the roof.

My guess is she knows what side her bread is buttered on so she wouldn't be going anywhere. Why walk away from the cash cow?

I think the bigger question is would Axl ever give Beta the ass. I think that is a much more realistic proposition. He actually did boot her out of the house a few years ago for a couple of weeks after she went behind his back and tried to get Goldstein back into the fold. Goldstein the clown put photos of himself from the meeting with her on facebook, which obviously got back to Axl and he hit the roof.

Do you have more details on this?

I have no idea what dalsh is talking about (again - shocking), I think just likes to see his name in print.

Are these pics floating around?

the part of this i find interesting is the threat to leave axl. i can understand why she'd want to manage him, and why it would make sense. but do you really think she would have followed through on her threat? or was that just a bluff? they both talk about having a mother/son relationship. but it's hard to imagine my mother leaving me over a manager's 15% fee. deep down inside, i don't think she would have been willing to do it either. i think she was just using the leverage she had. but that's some mighty hefty leverage to use, especially on someone who's as emotionally fragile as axl.

The way I see it is that she was sick of managers coming and going and being paid for a job they didn´t do or at least not in the way they should have done it so, maybe she threatened Axl so he would stop the "managers coming and leaving" mess. It´s like..why pay someone to do something she thinks she´s able to do?. That´s my guess and not the "greedy" side some people tend to see around all this stuff.

the part of this i find interesting is the threat to leave axl. i can understand why she'd want to manage him, and why it would make sense. but do you really think she would have followed through on her threat? or was that just a bluff? they both talk about having a mother/son relationship. but it's hard to imagine my mother leaving me over a manager's 15% fee. deep down inside, i don't think she would have been willing to do it either. i think she was just using the leverage she had. but that's some mighty hefty leverage to use, especially on someone who's as emotionally fragile as axl.

Have you heard about Adler's mom?

Some people would do anything to get money, even hurt their close ones.