Crash Diet

houseri

Do u know history of this song? Which members are in the demo... found on youtube.

Great demo... It reminds if Hanoi Rocks drummer... is it possible lyricalwise, it got it's inspiration from that?

Did u meet Hanoi Rocks in LA in the 80's?

West Arkeen plays guitar on this song. I'm pretty sure it was recorded during the AFD era. They did a bunch of songs during this era with a drum machine. They can be found on Rumbo Tapes bootleg and The Hell Revisited bootleg. The band was greatly inspired by Hanoi Rocks, so I wouldn't be surprised if the song was inspired by them. I honestly don't hear it, but each person to there own ;)

I remember hearing that song back in 92'-93' (along with Sentimental Movie) and people thinking it was going to be on the next album. Obviously this was before the internet, so the information/background/dates on the song was not easily accessible. Personally, I always thought the song was really bad - which is why it was likely left on the shelf. Sentimental Movie could have been a cool Duff song if it was fleshed out more. All personal opinion though.

The thing which unifies these songs (Crash Diet, Sentimental Movie) is they all have an electronic drum machine. Perhaps a clue there - drummer difficulties? Personally I have always been under the impression that they were demoed about 1989-90 in preperation for UYI. The bootleg Unwanted Illusions says they were recorded at Canoga Park. The Garden demo also uses an electronic drum machine so that is what leads me to believe this.

You both might be right. They are a bit of a mystery, the unreleased songs.

Unwanted Illusions by the way says (for Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home, Sentimental Movie and Just Another Sunday):

R.S Studios, Canoga Park, LA Spring, 1990.

But then it also credits Slash with the Sentimental Movie vocals!

Edited by DieselDaisy

You both might be right. They are a bit of a mystery, the unreleased songs.

Unwanted Illusions by the way says (for Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home, Sentimental Movie and Just Another Sunday):

R.S Studios, Canoga Park, LA Spring, 1990.

But then it also credits Slash with the Sentimental Movie vocals!

Yeah I can hear Slash on the song

I think it was done on West's 4 track at hell House in late 1986 but I could be wrong

Funny, i always think Crash Diet is a pre-uyi song.

It's a shame it isn't on the record, because the song has got great potential

But yeah, Axl's vocals sound like the afd days

Edited by Crash Diet