Rapper Wearing Gun N' Roses shirt

Gun N' Roses

Everyone should wear a GNR shirt EVERY day.

and yet, slash is called the "sell out" for performing with cypress hill.

Umm ... Axl promoting an unknown rap band is not the same as Slash whoring with any artist or CEO willing to pay him.

NWA wasn't "unknown". You gotta get out of your cave. They're the ones Axl wanted instead of Skid Row to be on tour in 1991

So you disputing Dr. Dre too?

Dre couldn’t believe it when he first saw Guns N’ Roses 1991 promo for hit song You Could Be Mine – because he and his bandmates were still struggling to make a living and had no idea their music had a white audience.

Dre says, "The biggest shock was when we saw Axl Rose in the video with the N.W.A. hat. "We were like, ‘What the f**k?’ We were still selling records out of our car."

The point Dr.Dre was making is this ... you haven't made it until white people - the 75-80% majority of the USA population at the time - buy your stuff.

So until the majority of white people accept your music, you ain't raking the millions and you ain't famous yet, and nobody in the mainstream record or entertainment industry will give a poop about you.

You bet, to the majority of white people, NWA was nothing to them at the time.

Totay it is the opposite. Hip hop and dance have been killing (not in a good way) the charts for about a decade.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and Dre said that because they were actually selling records out of their car. :rolleyes:

Blackstreet is not a rap group. Get your facts straight.

The MJ video is staged. Do your research before pretending to know something you have no idea of. You're only ridiculizing yourself, but hey, at this point you must be used to it. :lol:

If you're still selling records out of your car ... you haven't made it yet.

And exactly, Blackstreet isn't a real rap group. That's the point. That's why it was very sad to see Slash sell out to the black version of Backstreet Boys.

And no poop ... that MJ video is staged. That is what makes it sad. Slash embarrassing himself and the GnR brand once again.

It's funny how Slash complains about Axl wanting to be extravagant, then he goes and does this kind of poop with the King of Extravagant ... MJ.

Marc Canter was right about Slash.

Everyone should wear a GNR shirt EVERY day.

Slasholes are getting mad and jealous ... that Axl's is making GnR "cool" again with the "cool kids" ... all without Slash ... and all without prostituting himself to the mainstream media.

Let's see, you've been ridiculed and proved wrong in this thread. Now are you trying to come back and twist your words? Let me school you a little bit.

If you're still selling records out of your car ... you haven't made it yet.

Dr. Dre wasn't selling records out of his car by 1991. Read what 'TeeJay410' wrote. Like I said, do some research. NWA's info is available on Google if you're too naive. Stop twisting your words and pretending to know something you have no clue of. You said Axl was "promoting" them which is damn stupid, now you say Dr. Dre was talkin' about white population? :lol: YOU'RE WRONG and you think nobody will call you out on your bullshit when you try to backtrack and twist your words. Well, it's not going happen right here - right now.

And exactly, Blackstreet isn't a real rap group. That's the point. That's why it was very sad to see Slash sell out to the black version of Backstreet Boys.

Blackstreet isn't a real rap group? Oh snap, I'm sorry, you said "this is a video that made Gn'R cool with "rappers"". Now you say they aren't "real rappers"? :lol:. Blackstreet can't be a black version of Backstreet Boys because by the time Blackstreet was founded, BSB didn't exist yet. Please, next time make it harder for me to ridicule you.

And no poop ... that MJ video is staged. That is what makes it sad. Slash embarrassing himself and the GnR brand once again.

Why would Slash be "embarrassing himself" in a staged video performing with Michael Jackson? It's part of the show. Nothing less nothing more than having confetti and the end of your show. If that how you felt about the situation, you're being stupid as fuck but I do understand that you entitled to your opinion, it's just not a fact, never will be.

It's funny how Slash complains about Axl wanting to be extravagant, then he goes and does this kind of poop with the King of Extravagant ... MJ.
Marc Canter was right about Slash.

No, it's not funny because "extravagant" was not the word. Michael Jackson is not shit, I know you're trying too hard to make a point but you failed. Now go away or ignore everything I said and act like you know something I don't. I'll be here to prove you wrong again and again. I think it's easy for everyone to see who's making the monkey dance. :)

Edited by pi2loc

Bashing Slash for playing with MJ :wub: or Blackstreet (who were awesome!!!!!), I just can't understand. Please don't compare Blackstreet with BSB, totally different Blackstreet was so much better and excisted before BSB was founded. Besides working with Teddy Riley is never a shame.

Edited by MBRose

Just a thought : just because you don't listen to anything outside of your genre of predilection doesn't mean it's the case for most people ;)

This. Like 90% of the people in this thread are fucking retarded.

I suppose calling others "fucking retarded" enables you to join in that enlightened 10% group then?

I wish I were as enlightened as you Ice Cream.

Chris 55, on 29 May 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:
MEXzilla, on 29 May 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:well rap has a lot of anger and Guns fits in perfectly if you ask me.
Yeah, Will Smith is a pretty angry rapper

lmao well if will smith comes to your mind I guess you don't have good taste in rap music.