Here's one for len..

Zint

Guest Len B'stard

That girl is Sid Vicious, theres one of him looking spot on like Marc Bolan too as in actually dressed and the hairdo and the whole 9...and David Bowie as well, bless him :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

What's interesting too is, how many people who were in to the glam scene, naturally gravitated to the punk scene when it started happening.

Throw some muck at glam and, lookwise at least, you're bordering on the punk look as far as a certain angle of it that some people used, i guess in terms of the dressing up it was the nearest convenient point of reference for kids who were into that shit. And it crossed over a lot too, The Dolls etc, Lou Reed in the days of Transformer etc

Yeah for sure. I still remember, as clear as day..high school, 1976...punk was nowhere near us yet.

This guy walked into the cafeteria with the full on Bowie / Ziggy haircut..dyed red.

The place literally went silent, from shock.

You could hear the snide comments start, but I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen (in high school anyway :tongue2: ).

It was definitely a punk rock moment, before punk was even happening anywhere near us.

The guy ended up in the local punk scene too.

Guest Len B'stard

Sid-Vicious.jpg

Sid Bowie!

l.jpg

Sid Bolan :lol:

Yeah for sure. I still remember, as clear as day..high school, 1976...punk was nowhere near us yet.

This guy walked into the cafeteria with the full on Bowie / Ziggy haircut..dyed red.

The place literally went silent, from shock.

You could hear the snide comments start, but I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen (in high school anyway :tongue2: ).

It was definitely a punk rock moment, before punk was even happening anywhere near us.

The guy ended up in the local punk scene too.

Y'know what else, it actually looked it's best at that stage too? When it got into leather jackets and spikes it lost that kinda...whorish quality it had early on that was just so striking.

Yeah the whole leather jacket with spikes thing became, like a school uniform or something.

The individuality started to wane.

Things were interesting when everyone expressed who they wanted to be, made their own statement.

It was far more creative than a bar-full of leather jackets with white slogans painted on the back.