Why doesnt Slash want a reunion?

sword&tulipz

Nikki or any interviewer should have just said Slash,if Axl called or contacted you in some way and asked you to come back would you?That would clear things up pretty quickly.

Direct and to the point, i like it! Actually nikki cut of the girl that asked the question in the interview before she got the question out saying, dont even bother asking what your gonna ask but she did anyway.

My guess the answer would be not a chance, though he may attach some potential conditions where he could see it being feasible, that would be very unlikely to be met by axl.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest a lot of things that bothered Slash in the past about axl are history.

Axl doesn't go on stage late anymore, no cancelled shows, doesn't leave the stage and ends concerts without any reason

+ Axl is on nostalgia trip for the last years - no signs that he want to continue his vision of future gnr (whatever that has been anyway)

So the circumstances for a reunion would be better than ever - too bad it still won't happen

To be honest a lot of things that bothered Slash in the past about axl are history.

Axl doesn't go on stage late anymore, no cancelled shows, doesn't leave the stage and ends concerts without any reason

+ Axl is on nostalgia trip for the last years - no signs that he want to continue his vision of future gnr (whatever that has been anyway)

So the circumstances for a reunion would be better than ever - too bad it still won't happen

As well as duff and slash substance abuse problems are no longer an issue either, but like you said, it still won't happen.

Guest cbgnr666

This cancer thing is blown out of proportion.If he would have said I wish Slash had cancer,well then I could see the outrage.Not this,it was just a metaphor.

Edited by cbgnr666

This cancer thing is blown out of proportion.If he would have said I wish Slash had cancer,well then I could see the outrage.Not this,it was just a metaphor.

Nope- Axl/Beta meant it.....total shot at Slash especially with his mom.

Guest cbgnr666

Nope- Axl/Beta meant it.....total shot at Slash especially with his mom.

I highly doubt that at all.C,mon.

People are really falling for cupcake topics like this?

Even the biggest Axl nutswingers out there know that Slash would do a reunion tour/album in a heartbeat. As would Duff and Sorum or Adler. Izzy would probably be interested if it was a one shot deal - an album and a tour (as long as Axl promised to come on stage on time and leave the Diva behavior behind).

Im not saying Axl is not to blame for this, but just airing to what extent Slash really would be interested in a reunion and if he did what kind of contributions to that cause has he made

We know that he went to a GnR show and was not allowed in.

We know he went to Axl's house - and Beta denied him acces to Axl.

That's all the general public knows.

But like I said. I'm not trying to be rude, especially since you took the time to start a topic.

But everybody knows that only four people are stopping a reunion from happening - Axl, Beta, Fernando and Vanessa.

Slash/Duff/Adler/Sorum would do it in a heart beat. And Izzy probably as well, as long as certain conditions were agreed upon.

I understand that Axl, Beta, Fernando, and Vanessa are mostly responsible for the cancellation of the Simon and Garfunkel 2009 reunion tour, too. And Izzy had been invited to join the touring band. :tongue2:

I seem to remember Marc Canter saying Slash lies frequently to make himself look "cool."

If Slash really wanted a reunion, he's made no meaningful public overtures toward Axl. Considering that he has bashed Axl many times in public, the apology should be public as well.

And the cancer comment was obviously a metaphor.

Edited by slimrhcp

When I heard that Axl called Slash a cancer...that said more about Axl than it did of Slash. It might of sounded badass but it said that Slash has been and will always be a factor in GNR regardless of the attempt to bury him with virtuosos like BH and BBF...it didnt work then and it doesnt work now.. if anything there is more of a desire to see and hear the legacy band.

Truth is Slash didnt go away.. and this new band has him written all over it. Its people that are saying with out Slash something is missing... Slash may have been a fucked up individual but his input made GnR's iconic sound and was the platform for Axl to express his talent as well...And Slash might be the ONE person that called Axl on his shit. Slash put up resistance to Axl... Slash countered Axl and in the end when the pissing match was winding down he called Axls bluff and walked away. Wouldnt it have been great for Axl to have his former members now be at his beck and call as employees? To hold them hostage to his time frame and his motivations AND STILL BE GNR??? Wouldnt have been grand for Axl to have all the rights of GNR and the images and history intact but NOT have to share any of the credit with them? As I see it Axl played a game of chicken with the old group and they called his bluff and it cost the world and Axl huge. He may claim he is the last man standing but no matter how many years pass.. Axl cannot remove Slash or Duff or Izzy and Steven/Sorum from the collective memory of a world that adored them in the 80's and 90's.. all he can do is attempt to grind it into a new generation of listeners that his vision is prevailing.

None of the new band including BH or Fink are identified with GNR like Slash....so yes- to Axl it has to be a huge distraction to never be able to rid himself of the obvious -Slash is going to be around for a long long time...Every single time the legacy stuff is played every note that rings out that Slash made and every time someone asks about reunion is a reminder that its the legacy and not the vison the general public desires. Every single time