The Conjuring

Val22

it was just jump scare after jump scare, nothing really to it. it was just downright boring.

See, I'd rather have jump scares that I'm most likely expecting than something like The Exorcist which I find to be overrated and boring.

Just my opinion, though. I think horror movies are probably the hardest genre of movie to make nowadays in terms of pleasing people. It's definitely one of them.

it was just jump scare after jump scare, nothing really to it. it was just downright boring.

See, I'd rather have jump scares that I'm most likely expecting than something like The Exorcist which I find to be overrated and boring.

Just my opinion, though. I think horror movies are probably the hardest genre of movie to make nowadays in terms of pleasing people. It's definitely one of them.

it definitely is the hardest, it is going to take someone, somehow thinking outside the box to really bring new blood into the genre.

• Like 1

Saw this last night and really enjoyed it. It lacked a bit of direction at times but thumbs up for the scare factor -- 'twas good IMO.

I thought it was one of the better horrors movies to be released recently.

I think Insidious chapter 2 will be scary. I think the plots of the dead coming back from some outer land is far fetched, but at least it's different.

I'm wondering why everytime there's someone going to another realm it's never a happy place. Always scary full of vengeful spirits that want to kill you. lol

Can't we go to a place like Oz? Why does it always have to be "hell like"?

The new movie "You're next" is about people in masks trying to kill a family that got together for dinner at their family home. The trailer is saying it's different from other slasher in that one of the family members fights back. I've seen movies like this before, so I'm curious as to how different it will be.

My daughter got two free passes to see it in a few weeks. I guess I will find out then.

I read that Slash has gotten together with some new directors to produce new kinds of horror films. I really hope someone does, because now we'll get tons of movies about possession and demons and eventually go back to slasher films with people in masks killing people for no apparent reason or more zombies! God help us all!

• Like 1

Thanks Val, I knew there was one coming up & couldn't remember the name. You're Next, I hope it comes out soon.

Black Sabbath do you think the Exorcist is over-rated because you probably weren't even born when it came out & created a whole different genre of horror? There are people who are still disturbed by seeing that movie back in the 70s & refuse to even watch the making of it due to trauma. I think with the amount of horror around since then it does reduce the impact it has on you these days due to age & more special effects used since then.

Psycho was another first of it's genre & I was told ambulances were outside the theatre & people fainted (like they did Frankenstein) but I do wonder if that's a gimmick.

Thanks Val, I knew there was one coming up & couldn't remember the name. You're Next, I hope it comes out soon.

Black Sabbath do you think the Exorcist is over-rated because you probably weren't even born when it came out & created a whole different genre of horror? There are people who are still disturbed by seeing that movie back in the 70s & refuse to even watch the making of it due to trauma. I think with the amount of horror around since then it does reduce the impact it has on you these days due to age & more special effects used since then.

Psycho was another first of it's genre & I was told ambulances were outside the theatre & people fainted (like they did Frankenstein) but I do wonder if that's a gimmick.

the excorcist to me is one of the scariest movies ever made. it is still creepy today.

• Like 1