Marc, do you think Axl will ever reunite the real band for a huge pay day?

Marc, do you think Axl will ever reunite the real band for a huge pay day? I've always figured that Axl will need the reunion money at some point in order to maintain the lifestyle that he has grown accustomed to.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I'm not Marc, but sadly, I don't think so.

It's generally easier replacing an instrumental aspect to a group for the sake of nostalgia, and have it sound exactly the same, than it is to replace a voice for the same reasons. Therefore, as long as Axl keeps milking the shit out of the heyday material like he's doing (what are we now, just down to 3-4 nu songs a show now?), people will keep coming to hear the crowd pleasers.

Axl's losing pull in the states as far as playing solo shows without the help of headlining a festival, but in the rest of the world there is still, for reasons that are truly beyond me, a significant demand where I'm sure he makes enough money to flow the gravy train.

In other words, Axl would have to venture on the borderline of being piss poor before he'd even give it more than a brain fart.

I'm not Marc, but sadly, I don't think so.

It's generally easier replacing an instrumental aspect to a group for the sake of nostalgia, and have it sound exactly the same, than it is to replace a voice for the same reasons. Therefore, as long as Axl keeps milking the shit out of the heyday material like he's doing (what are we now, just down to 3-4 nu songs a show now?), people will keep coming to hear the crowd pleasers.

Axl's losing pull in the states as far as playing solo shows without the help of headlining a festival, but in the rest of the world there is still, for reasons that are truly beyond me, a significant demand where I'm sure he makes enough money to flow the gravy train.

In other words, Axl would have to venture on the borderline of being piss poor before he'd even give it more than a brain fart.

I hate to agree, but I agree. He's got enough time to keep going like he is. And by the time EVERYONE in the world loses interest, he'll unfortunately probably be too old to sing the material anymore.

My thought was and has been for years that the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction is pretty much the best shot at getting a full reunion. And its why I didn't want them in so soon, because I knew in 2012 we weren't close enough for them all (AXL) to actually show up. But, as we know, they went in and Axl wasn't there. There won't really be another event like that that actually memorializes them and that will actually get them back onstage for the fans. As much as the Hall Of Fame sucks, it has brought together reunions and seems like a very good place to at least just get that out of the way. Now that its come and gone, I'm thinking we'll never get it. Axl is on borrowed time at this point. I really can't imagine he'll still be singing this stuff past 55.

Without the Hall Of Fame as a future landmark, I have lost hope of ever having Axl and Slash play together again. Hopefully it'll just end up happening at some point and I'll be completely amazed, but sadly I don't see that happening.

No I don't think he will do it for money as long has he believes that Slash is an evil person but I do think he would do it for free if he ever realized that the bad blood he thinks they have with each other is not so bad. There is a lot of hurt and anger that he is holding on to because no one around him will help him get over it. On the other hand it does take a lot of money to keep that camp going but Axl has too much pride to do something that he thinks is wrong. Victory or Death thats always been the way of Axl since I have known him.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

as long has he believes that Slash is an evil person

Is he that stupid ?

No axl is highly intelligent but sees things differently than most people. He is also very sensitive in the inside and can be hurt easily by words and has a hard time forgiving.

Does Axl blame Slash for the failure of Chinese Democracy?

I wouldn't say it was a failure. b By the time it came out records were not selling like they used to. I bet if it came out when they finished recording it the first time in 2001, it would have sold 10 times more. However Axl does blame Slash for just about everything that didn't quite go the way he would have liked what ever it was to go. Somehow it all falls on Slash. He would be much better off finding someone to help him get all the crap of his chest so he can move on and live a better life. It really hurts me to see him still holding on to this for all these years, it makes it hard to move on when your holding on to all that crap.

Edited by recklessroad

I had a dream last nigfht that Axl came to my house and things were cool between us again. We didn't talk about what went wrong, we just moved on as if we just didn't see each other in 7 years. He looked good

Hopefully this dream comes true one day

I had a dream last nigfht that Axl came to my house and things were cool between us again. We didn't talk about what went wrong, we just moved on as if we just didn't see each other in 7 years. He looked good

That's cool. I'm sure you will reconnect at some point. Are you not able to reach out to Axl?

I think it is tough for Axl to accept that GNR will always be him and Slash to the general public.

The real problem is Axl and I never got the chance to talk in 2007 when this all went down. There were only middle people Del & Beta. that was the first problem. I needed Axl to interview and to write a few words about me for the forward. I was told that I have to wait until the new record comes out. This was not an option for me, I was under a contract and 350K had already been spent making the book and the publisher had borrowed that money from a group of investors and it had to be paid back at the end of 2007 The total loan was 700k and 350k was the cost to print the books. I told them that Axl would help us if we waited but they already knew that the record was 5 years late and counting and couldn't wait any longer.

Latter Axl in a email told me that at a latter time he may have supported my book. The problem is I was trying to get that book out since 1994 and finally found someone to help me get it out and I can't even celebrate it with the person I was most trying to impress in the first place.

I can't even celebrate it with the person I was most trying to impress in the first place.

:(

That's such a shame. Especially considering how much was at stake, and I would think that anyone who works in a creative field understands the difficulties and realities of bringing their work to fruition.

Hopefully this dream comes true one day

+1

I can't even celebrate it with the person I was most trying to impress in the first place.

:(

That's such a shame. Especially considering how much was at stake, and I would think that anyone who works in a creative field understands the difficulties and realities of bringing their work to fruition.

Very sad statement from Marc. I bet if things went down differently Axl would have been very proud of the effort and final product.

In the end Axl has his reasons IMO and you can't knock him for that.

I think that Axl somehow believes that I didn't want to work with them in holding the book back until they were ready (which could have been decades). The way I see it, i have been put on a shelf until enough times goes by until he realizes that i meant no harm. The problem is every time I do an interview, somehow it becomes a set back because I don't bash anyone. I also say it was no ones fault, they just wanted different things and he thinks Slash should be getting a bashing because it all Slashs falt. So 5 years after I stop talking, maybe things could be better or a corse if he is no longer upset with Slash?

i think if his feelings about slash are going to get any better, someone needs to step up and help him. if he was going to figure it out by himself he'd have done it by now. probably not going to happen since he doesn't even talk to someone who has a different perspective.

You can't force someone to like another person. It is what it is.

He doesn't have to like him. He just needs to get over it.

It would be like blaming an ex for all if the shit that's wrong in your life today even though in reality they've had nothing to do with it. It's very unhealthy.

He doesn't have to like him. He just needs to get over it.

It would be like blaming an ex for all if the shit that's wrong in your life today even though in reality they've had nothing to do with it. It's very unhealthy.

I blame my ex from 13 years ago for a lot of shit :awesomeface:

Edited by volcano62

no he doesn't have to like him. i think axl gets more than his share of blames for the break up witch is probably very frustrating for him. i'm sure gnr meant alot to him. maybe more than the others. but hating someone deeply years something has happened or blaming them for everything like Marc says axl does is unhealthy. although that is probably not even his main problem. guy needs to see a psychologist.

I think that Axl somehow believes that I didn't want to work with them in holding the book back until they were ready (which could have been decades). The way I see it, i have been put on a shelf until enough times goes by until he realizes that i meant no harm. The problem is every time I do an interview, somehow it becomes a set back because I don't bash anyone. I also say it was no ones fault, they just wanted different things and he thinks Slash should be getting a bashing because it all Slashs falt. So 5 years after I stop talking, maybe things could be better or a corse if he is no longer upset with Slash?

I think a dream of reconciliation is anything but and points to denial and guilt. I am a firm believer in personal choice without judgment and essentially the official story that some people are pushing is that Axl is unreasonable is unfair and disrespectful to his deep want of privacy. It seems more unreasonable that a true artist that feels from the inside out would want to remain anywhere near people who have not shown gratitude for the gifts of knowing him has brought forth. Would Ceasar forgive Brutus had he lived?

We will never know who started the backstabbing but at this point Axl has many more knifes in his back and the public wants these two to be friends?! "Life is too short not to hold a grudge". Altho I don't see how Axl is keeping this grudge alive more than others and Slash promoted an album doing so! Axl is not perfect either but I don't think he deserved all this negativity for being true to his feelings. Friends must protect you, support you, and nourish you. Friendships can be repaired when everyone else steps aside and those parties involved keep the conversation between themselves. That is the way and now there are too many people involved including the public.

Edited by ohlovelyrita