IF Axl & Slash were to randomly cross paths?

Snowmass

No, I think Axl could have put put many records by now. It bothers me that he doesn't. To me its just a waste of great talent. I also think there is too much presser when it comes to using the name GNR. I wish Axl would just put out solo records and work with a lot of different people when it comes to writing them including the members in his band. He could still tour under the GNR name and alsoi play some of the solo stuff. People would be very happy with that. Just my 2 cents. If Axl would call me like he used to that would be my wise advice. If he wouldn't agree, then I would talk him into it.

What do you think is preventing him from putting out more music? The pressure of the GnR name? or do you think he has lost the passion for creating music that he used to have?

I always got the impression that Axl thought he could top the success of old guns with his new line up and that he expected Slash to come crawling back, a failure without him (Axl). That way he could lord it over Slash and all the power would lie with Axl in the relationship.

Funnily enough, almost the exact opposite happened.

I've been reading one of Duff's old interviews (from '99 I think) and I got the impression that he was sure that Axl's new lineup would be a failure and he would beg the old bandmates to come back sooner or later...