Can Blood in the Water's Repetition Can Be Looked Past?

Gun N' Roses

I think it is just missing some substance. For instance, look at Daft Punk's "Around the World". They literally just say Around the World 144 times, and those are the complete lyrics. But people still love that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9MszVE7aR4

And I know BITW is just a remix, but I just thought I should post this.

Can Blood in the Water's Repetition Be Looked Past?

Typo

Edited by Gun N' Roses

I think it is just missing some substance. For instance, look at Daft Punk's "Around the World". They literally just say Around the World 144 times, and those are the complete lyrics.

Sorry, but you just compared a legendary dance track to a very average remix. This is a bad comparison.

It's not the repetitive vocals for me, it's the mostly recycled ideas that turn me off it. Most dance tracks have very repetitive vocals. It's just not a very imaginative remix, it doesn't move me, add anything to the original song or do enough to stand out as a song in it's own right.

It's a fairly boring arrangement. I love remixes and electronic music, but Brain's work is just not that great in this department. There are a few nice ideas in there, but that's about it. Just my opinion though, hey.

I think it is just missing some substance. For instance, look at Daft Punk's "Around the World". They literally just say Around the World 144 times, and those are the complete lyrics.

Sorry, but you just compared a legendary dance track to a very average remix. This is a bad comparison.

It's not the repetitive vocals for me, it's the mostly recycled ideas that turn me off it. Most dance tracks have very repetitive vocals. It's just not a very imaginative remix, it doesn't move me, add anything to the original song or do enough to stand out as a song in it's own right.

It's a fairly boring arrangement. I love remixes and electronic music, but Brain's work is just not that great in this department. There are a few nice ideas in there, but that's about it. Just my opinion though, hey.

Yeah you're right. I don't even like BITW. I just thought i should point out that constant repetition of one phrase can be successful in a song :tongue2: