The Emo Thread

Guest deleted_19765

Guest deleted_19765

Admitting my love for Blink was the first step, particularly their self-titled album. Then I got way into Taking Back Sunday. Where You Want to Be has been one of my favorite records this summer (seriously, what a phenomenal record!). I've been a fan of Coheed And Cambria forever and I've now realized they aren't that far off from some of this stuff, so it makes sense. Anyone else love this music from about ten years ago? Also bands like The Used, Bayside, Sparta, My Chemical Romance, etc.?

Guest Len B'stard

Never listened to em, never gave em a chance, never liked the look and...i dunno, i kinda heard about the stereotype before i even got the chance to hear any tunes and it just put me off, silly way to go about your musical preferences but what can i say. People have suggested that it has something to do with punk, bands like my beloved Joy Division etc...i dunno.

Sunny Day Real Estate!!!

Sunny Day Real Estate!!!

Fall Out Boy and MCR are shit bands and or an embarrassment to those who actually love the genre.

I'm kinda busy at the moment, but I will definitely add more to this thread later. :)

Edited by SunnyDRE

I enjoyed My Chemical Romance. I think they are a pretty decent band and I was a big fan for some time. The Black Parade is an amazingly good album.

a thousand times this

FOB were pretty good too, but their new album is the drizzling shits

Edited by bacardimayne

• 2 weeks later...

If you like Sparta then surely you got some love for At The Drive-In?

(skip the first minute :P )

I have a hard time knowing exactly what falls under the umbrella of Emo.

I guess Brand New is "emo" idk

Another fantastic record.

I enjoy Sparta and at the Drive In, being raised in El Paso, TX and all. I regularly frequent one of Jim Ward's bars.

I have always despised Fall Out Boy. I gave their music a chance but I could never enjoy it.

I've always been a fan of this song by From Autumn to Ashes though. I'm pretty sure it is considered "emo".

I remember there was a time when people who were categorized as "Emo"s were being stoned in Mexico City. People would follow them to concert venues just for the purpose of stoning them. It was insane.

Edited by Ricky_Rose