Marc, have you seen Axl since 2008?

wfuckinga

I wanted to go in 2011 and asked for tickets a day before the gig. The reason I waited until then was I thought someone for the camp would offer me some. but got turned off at the last minute by Beta blowing me off. My wife went without me and had to buy her own ticket. In 2012 I was offered tickets to 2 of the club gigs by friends but still turned them down because i'm still upset at the fact that I asked for tickets to see a band that I helped get off the ground and was turned down.

The truth is Beta doesn't know how to handle that. If Axl knew I was there it could affect him and cause problems. It could go either way and she can't take that risk. I have seen some youtube gigs from the tour. I think if I had asked to only a ticket for my wife, she would have done it.

Edited by recklessroad

That's so horrible. It's sad that you have this middle person seemingly blocking you and your friend. Did your wife try to talk to anyone from the GNR camp? If she had would they have been receptive or is she guilty by association?

She didn't have passes but I also bet that if Axl knew that my wife and I wanted to see the show that he would be ok with it.

By the way I'm not up set that Axl that yelled at me, I'm upset that he thought I was talking shit about him when I was really defending him and misunderstood what I was saying. The fact that I had to hear him so upset over nothing is what bothered me. I like to see Axl with a smile on his face not yelling at the top of his lungs for the wrong reasons. I know that fact that he did it is because he felt hurt by something I said which means he cares. See if someone that you care about says something that you think is bad then thats hurts and thats why they called me to tell me off. If he didn't care about me he wouldn't have called.

I wanted to go in 2011 and asked for tickets a day before the gig. The reason I waited until then was I thought someone for the camp would offer me some. but got turned off at the last minute by Beta blowing me off. My wife went without me and had to buy her own ticket. In 2012 I was offered tickets to 2 of the club gigs by friends but still turned them down because i'm still upset at the fact that I asked for tickets to see a band that I helped get off the ground and was turned down.

The truth is Beta doesn't know how to handle that. If Axl knew I was there it could affect him and cause problems. It could go either way and she can't take that risk. I have seen some youtube gigs from the tour. I think if I had asked to only a ticket for my wife, she would have done it.

That's a fucked up situation and you're right

anyway, in the future are you willing to buy a ticket to a GNR show?

Edited by Crash Diet

By the way I'm not up set that Axl that yelled at me, I'm upset that he thought I was talking shit about him when I was really defending him and misunderstood what I was saying. The fact that I had to hear him so upset over nothing is what bothered me. I like to see Axl with a smile on his face not yelling at the top of his lungs for the wrong reasons. I know that fact that he did it is because he felt hurt by something I said which means he cares. See if someone that you care about says something that you think is bad then thats hurts and thats why they called me to tell me off. If he didn't care about me he wouldn't have called.

I understand your point, but surely you realize you don't need to scream at someone to show them you care. I know this it's Axl's "way" but it still doesn't make it right, and it certainly doesn't make it normal. Of course every relationship has it's ups and downs, but when the bad starts to outweigh the good, that's the time to come to terms and just say - I'm done. I suppose that's how Slash felt, and honestly how can anyone blame him.

Do you know what exactly it was that axl misunderstood so severely that he went nuclear on you? If beta was there I'm sure se would have helped him realize what he misunderstood, right?

Beta thought the same way as Axl did. I can't really explain that. Here I am defending Axl but they can't seem to see it. Soon as I say something about Slash it all goes to waste.

I understand your point, but surely you realize you don't need to scream at someone to show them you care. I know this it's Axl's "way" but it still doesn't make it right, and it certainly doesn't make it normal. Of course every relationship has it's ups and downs, but when the bad starts to outweigh the good, that's the time to come to terms and just say - I'm done. I suppose that's how Slash felt, and honestly how can anyone blame him.

I have known Axl for ever and have seen him get upset at people. I don't think its something that he can control and I understand that. It is the first time he yelled at me. Axl is who Axl is and nothing can change that, I just didn't think he would ever yell at me because I would never do anything to really hurt him. I think he knows that and thats why he got so upset with be because he thought I had said something that was a dig at him. I think if I had explained it better, he would have understood what I was really trying to say. The history of the band is something I am proud of and is also something he is trying to hide so there is a conflict there but thats something he needs to work on not me. We disagree on that but I never would say something bad about Axl.

I have known Axl for ever and have seen him get upset at people. I don't think its something that he can control and I understand that. It is the first time he yelled at me. Axl is who Axl is and nothing can change that, I just didn't think he would ever yell at me because I would never do anything to really hurt him. I think he knows that and thats why he got so upset with be because he thought I had said something that was a dig at him. I think if I had explained it better, he would have understood what I was really trying to say. The history of the band is something I am proud of and is also something he is trying to hide so there is a conflict there but thats something he needs to work on not me. We disagree on that but I never would say something bad about Axl.

I totally understand where you are coming from, I just don't get how the conversation can't go:

Axl: you're taking shots at me and being a fucking dick.

Marc: What exactly did you hear I said that was mean about you?

Axl: _____________ (whatever his reasoning is)

Marc: Axl, I'm sorry, but thats completely not true. Let me explain because I was actually defending you.

I understand its more difficult than that, but was it a matter of you couldn't explain at all your side? He refused to believe you? He didn't let you get a word in edgewise? It seems like a very minor thing, on Axl's part, that he now doesn't speak to you about.

You are forgetting one thing, Axl stopped talking to me because I put out my book in 2007. He was told that I didn't want to work with them and wait until someday where he might support it again, The phone call was just to tell me off some more because he misunderstood something that he read. See he decided not to talk to me because of the book but was really hurt by what he misunderstood, so now it time to let me know his thoughts. Even if he now understands what I was trying to say, it doesn't change the fact that I put my book out. So I might not be on his close friends list since 2007 but that doesn't mean that there arrant any feeling left between us

You are forgetting one thing, Axl stopped talking to me because I put out my book in 2007. He was told that I didn't want to work with them and wait until someday where he might support it again, The phone call was just to tell me off some more because he misunderstood something that he read. See he decided not to talk to me because of the book but was really hurt by what he misunderstood, so now it time to let me know his thoughts. Even if he now understands what I was trying to say, it doesn't change the fact that I put my book out. So I might not be on his close friends list since 2007 but that doesn't mean that there arrant any feeling left between us

He was told by whom? Seems like there was an instigator involved in severing your relationship with him.

I think it was just too much for him to handle. There is just too much pain and anger so anything to do with Slash is something he just couldn't deal with. I wish he would have a least told me I can't help you on this right now but good luck with it and gave me some cool words to use for the Forward. That would have worked for me.

I think it was just too much for him to handle. There is just too much pain and anger so anything to do with Slash is something he just couldn't deal with. I wish he would have a least

told me I can't help you on this right now but good luck with it and gave me some cool words to use for the Forward. That would have worked for me.

That sounds like the least he could have done for you. It all appears very selfish of Axl to not see something so special to you get supported by him even in a small way. After the shit you did for the band in their early days its a shame Axl forgets that and has lost his appreciation for your help over the years. His loss, I'm sorry for Axl. Good friends are priceless - he is poorer for it...

Axl would have done almost anything else for me in I needed it except help with the book. Like I said it was just too much for him to handle. Also I think he thought that I sapped. Why would I want to promote something that has a bad guy like Slash in it after he say and did all those bad things. Remember I think Axl thought that I was the one who let him down.

The only regret I have is that I should have gone to his house in 2007 and talked to him about what was going on with my book instead of just telling the people around him. I planed to talk to him at the 3 shows in Angeles in Dec 2006 but I didn't get the chance to see him. I know I could have got him to work with me. I don't think anyone told him that I had finally found someone to publish it after waiting 12 years.

I think they were too afraid to tell him not knowing how he would react. He probably found out about it after Steven looked at it and one of his people blogged all over the internet. That must of hurt him having to hear about it on the internet before hearing it form me. As if I was sneaking around.

So all in all I am upset about how thing turned out but I have to take some of the blame for not taking care of things my self.

Axl would have done almost anything else for me in I needed it except help with the book. Like I said it was just too much for him to handle. Also I think he thought that I sapped. Why would I want to promote something that has a bad guy like Slash in it after he say and did all those bad things. Remember I think Axl thought that I was the one who let him down.

The only regret I have is that I should have gone to his house in 2007 and talked to him about what was going on with my book instead of just telling the people around him. I planed to talk to him at the 3 shows in Angeles in Dec 2006 but I didn't get the chance to see him. I know I could have got him to work with me. I don't think anyone told him that I had finally found someone to publish it after waiting 12 years.

I think they were too afraid to tell him not knowing how he would react. He probably found out about it after Steven looked at it and one of his people blogged all over the internet. That must of hurt him having to hear about it on the internet before hearing it form me. As if I was sneaking around.

So all in all I am upset about how thing turned out but I have to take some of the blame for not taking care of things my self.

So Axl didn't say he wouldn't help but wanted you to wait until his album was released? Do you think he would have invested in the book or helped you find investors if specifically asked for help after telling him you risked loosing your current investors by putting the book on hold? Another option was to get a line of credit using equity in a home or business. I thought with advance orders you get some money, too.

I see your book was published on 8/1/08 and Chinese Democracy came out in 11/08. This is soooo close. Maybe a second printing can happen AFTER his next album and he can write a (gulp) comment!?! I think everyone has suffered even with these misunderstandings altho it does sound unfair that people focus on Axl being mad instead of focusing on why he is mad. No one seems sympathetic enough towards a lot of people invading his personal space/information. I wouldn't handle Axl's life better than Axl and i'm very fair with others.

Reckless Road came out in Sept 2007 and I had no choice because I was under a contract and 300k was already spent on making the book. I had no way of buying that out. I also think that it could have been 10 more years before the record came out. I believe that if Dr Pepper didn't make that offer, that the record would still not be out. I also think that the book would only help the record.

Reckless Road came out in Sept 2007 and I had no choice because I was under a contract and 300k was already spent on making the book. I had no way of buying that out. I also think that it could have been 10 more years before the record came out. I believe that if Dr Pepper didn't make that offer, that the record would still not be out. I also think that the book would only help the record.

Thank you for your response. I feel for you. I think both you and Axl could immediately share a consistent good word for one another. Once each of you just seeing the other as blameless and faultless for the past, healing will happen.

It might be hard to step over at first but it is the only way. A friend was telling me yesterday that he forgives but he doesn't give second chances. Whatever works. The best outcome awaits!

(I tend to think Axl was gonna get his album even without without the corporate push. I'm sure he knows labor pains hurt more than delivery!)