Devil's Knot

Zint

There's a lot of buzz about this film at TIFF.

Both screenings immediately sold out.

Director Atom Egoyan takes on the West Memphis Three story. Not so much concentrating on who actually did it, but moreso the disturbing lynch mob-like hysteria that ensued.

There are no trailers available yet.

I can't wait to see this.

http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/festival/2013/devilsknot

devils-knot-poster-250x350.jpg

I've seen every documentary and read most of the books about the case, and while I adore Egoyan (though he's clearly not as formidable as he once was), I cannot for the life of me imagine this working particularly well. Dying to see it but not expecting much.

My daughter just watched the movie documentary West Memphis Three and she said it was very good. She said it's so obvious who the killer is.

I was hoping with all the new dna testing today, maybe they could bring the real killer to justice.

Those three men are so lucky to have had the support of many celebrities who paid for their defense. I'm sure there are many more innocent people out there who have been accused of a crime they didn't commit because they were different.

Apparently there's some new factual information that has been added to Egoyen's movie.

I'm expecting this to be a big, unsubtle finger point at Terry Hobbs. Damien and Jason fell out over the way Damien is portrayed in the script (Jason and Jessie are exec producers), interested to see why.

Apparently there's some new factual information that has been added to Egoyen's movie.

I'm expecting this to be a big, unsubtle finger point at Terry Hobbs.

I read that he doesn't over indulge in the finger pointing aspect. He presents 4 potential suspects and leaves it at that.

I'm expecting this to be a big, unsubtle finger point at Terry Hobbs. Damien and Jason fell out over the way Damien is portrayed in the script (Jason and Jessie are exec producers), interested to see why.

Yeah, my daughter and son-in-law said that's who they thought all the evidence pointed to also.