In 2006...

Nick85

Hey Marc,

I recall you mentioning that in 2006 you and Axl cruised around listening to tracks from Chinese Democracy. By any chance did he play you any songs that didn't end up on the first album? Do you recall which songs he played for you?

I heard the songs in Vegas after the gigs in the end of the summer up in the hotel room. I don't know what I heard, only that it sounded great and was ready to go. I don't remember how many songs I heard that night but there were a lot. Axl said the record would be out in Nov so it didn't matter, soon I would have it to really hear it. If I had to guess, I would say it was pretty much like the record.

IT blows my mind that you gave up such a friendship to release a book for a bunch of people you do not know and betrayed a friend you did know. Im not being a cupcake or incendiary, but man you really gave up something special and now you have joined this group here. What did you gain from it? I know what you loss. Was it worth it? Again, please mods. do not go all overly protective, im being serious and marc has expressed how much it hurt him, so why not explore it.

IT blows my mind that you gave up such a friendship to release a book for a bunch of people you do not know and betrayed a friend you did know. Im not being a cupcake or incendiary, but man you really gave up something special and now you have joined this group here. What did you gain from it? I know what you loss. Was it worth it? Again, please mods. do not go all overly protective, im being serious and marc has expressed how much it hurt him, so why not explore it.

Marc has explained his reasons for publishing before (investors etc) but if Axl is going to be a big baby about a book which makes him, Axl, look godlike then, I suggest the onus is all on Axl, not Marc.

I was not the one who gave up the friendship. I still care about Axl and I'm still there for him. I'm not the one who has changed. He is the one who can't live with the fact that I still support the old band. Do you realize that he is the only person that doesn't support the old band. Even his new band mates still like the old band and recognize the importance of the history. Why would I sell by self short? Why would Axl not want me to reach my dreams. I know he doesn't support the old band but he knows how much it means to me. I think he should have just looked the other way, he is the one that made the choice to give up his side of our friendship. I'm still there for him and still support what ever he does in his life.

The real problem here is he never learned how to deal with all the pain of what went wrong between him and Slash. If he had, there would not be a problem with me putting out my book. He may think that I betrayed him but the fact is I honored him and the work that he was a part of. Somewhere deep inside he knows it but is not ready to except it right now. Like I said before if I could go back to nov 2006, I would go to his house and have a good talk with him about what I was doing instead of telling the people around him thinking that they would let him know what was going on. I'm 100% sure that I would have not lost him. Part of the problem is I think that he thinks that I was sneaking around and not telling him that I found a publisher. After it was too late is when he asked me to not put out the book. I did fuck up by not seeing him face to face and thats too bad that things are the way they are because of it. I have to take some of the blame for that.

Edited by recklessroad

To the best of my knowledge, Marc has invested a lot of time, effort and money over many years to collect the materials that he later used for his book. To the best of my knowledge, Marc has invested a lot of time, effort and money to support the band in their early days to help them take off. To the best of my knowledge Marc hasn't been rewarded with a lucrative, million-dollar worth position within the band entourage. It seems to me, as it should to any logically thinking person, that he has every right in the world to finally get some reward, both financial and simple satisfaction, for the enormous work that he has put into this.

Axl may not support the old band but I haven't heard about him resigning from the money he is still receiving for Appetite and UYI, merchandise and so on. Nor have I heard that he donated everything he has ever earned on being with Slash to charity. Let's be honest, he is still living off the milking of the old cow. Given these circumstances, it is extremely unfair on the part of Axl, not on the part of Marc, to try to prevent Marc from earning some money and some respect for the work he has done over the years. It is both unfair, dishonest and rediculous to demand it from Marc at the same time having your own account fueled by the old band earned money on every day basis.

So I can understand Marc perfectly well. What he did was honest and well deserved. Not to mention that Marc also has a family to support. If Axl has a problem with that than it is Axl's problem. If I were Marc I would do exactly the same.

You clearly have no idea what happened in the lead up to the publishing of Reckless Road. Nice try though.

I was not the one who gave up the friendship. I still care about Axl and I'm still there for him. I'm not the one who has changed. He is the one who can't live with the fact that I still support the old band. Do you realize that he is the only person that doesn't support the old band. Even his new band mates still like the old band and recognize the importance of the history. Why would I sell by self short? Why would Axl not want me to reach my dreams. I know he doesn't support the old band but he knows how much it means to me. I think he should have just looked the other way, he is the one that made the choice to give up his side of our friendship. I'm still there for him and still support what ever he does in his life.

The real problem here is he never learned how to deal with all the pain of what went wrong between him and Slash. If he had, there would not be a problem with me putting out my book. He may think that I betrayed him but the fact is I honored him and the work that he was a part of. Somewhere deep inside he knows it but is not ready to except it right now. Like I said before if I could go back to nov 2006, I would go to his house and have a good talk with him about what I was doing instead of telling the people around him thinking that they would let him know what was going on. I'm 100% sure that I would have not lost him. Part of the problem is I think that he thinks that I was sneaking around and not telling him that I found a publisher. After it was too late is when he asked me to not put out the book. I did fuck up by not seeing him face to face and thats too bad that things are the way they are because of it. I have to take some of the blame for that.

Well said Marc :)

Carlos - No more bullshit please, thanks! :kiss:

• Like 1