Ladies and gents, meet your new Robin (?)

Guest NGOG

Yeah, I bought a promo copy of that one at Entertainmart in Arlington a few weeks back.

The album should have received more attention especially with Adrian Belew and Tony Levin on it.

A label representative told him if he didn't start making "Christian" music he'd end up working at Starbucks.

Edited by luciusfunk

Yeah, I bought a promo copy of that one at Entertainmart in Arlington a few weeks back.

The album should have received more attention especially with Adrian Belew and Tony Levin on it.

A label representative told him if he didn't start making "Christian" music he'd end up working at Starbucks.

I was raised on Christian rock so dcTalk was one of the first bands I ever got into (or was allowed to get into). I saw them live at Kings Dominion for their farewell tour.

I bought all three of their solo records. Seemed like all the Christian kids were salivating over Tobymac because he was ripping off the white boy rap shtick of the time (Fred Durst, Eminem, et al); it was okay, but I didn't really buy into it. Tait's album was too Lenny Kravitz Lite.

Kevin Max had experimental sounds, abstract lyrics and a wonderful voice. He is one of the best musicians who no one knows about. I'm still in shock that you have him as your avatar and his lyrics in your signature.

The Impostor was a decent album as well. Your Beautiful Mind is quite good.

I don't mean to sidetrack the thread btw, maybe I should bump my old topic about Stereotype Be.