Def Leppard and Sex Pistols Supergroup Manraze Announce New EP

Raz0r

Manraze, the Def Leppard, Sex Pistols and Girl supergroup, have announced that they will be releasing a new EP, entitled "I Surrender," on November 12th.

The group, which features Def Leppard's Phil Collen, The Sex Pistols' Paul Cook, and Girl's Simon Laffy, are giving fans an advanced listen to the three-song EP's title track here:

https://soundcloud.com/manraze/manraze-i-surrender/s-R72oo

Collen offered this background information about the track, "The song is eight years old. It practically never got finished. I was on tour last year and started singing the chorus.

"Early this year, I re-did the guitars to Paul's original demo drums. I did a vocal and Simon played new bass-lines. Ger McDonnell then did a brilliant edit and mix on what we gave him. Debbi Blackwell-Cook supplied the wailing outro-vocals that you hear at the end of the song. We feel this is our best song yet."

The other two tracks on the EP include a live studio recording of a song called "Connected - Live from Shepherd's Bush", and a new version of the song "All I Wanna Do."

Guest Len B'stard

I remember reading a lot about Manraze from the main Pistols site on the net during the lean years when there weren't a lot of Pistolian news about, never really listened to em. I mean my point of interest is Cookie and he's like, y'know, the backbeat sooo :lol: