Nikki Sixx's Recent Comments Regarding Motely Crue's Farewell Tour: A Dig At Axl?

BBA

I think more than anything, it's a pop at KISS. He's talking about farewell tours and how they're not honored. Also playing with two original members. Peter criss couldn't cut the mustard playing and is his own worst enemy. Ace left after the "farewell" tour because to him, that's what it was.

I saw KISS and motley together in Australia at the start of the year. I'm actually kind of glad that tommy and eric replaced ace and peter (more so because of the live aspect) KISS can now play most anything from their catalogue because tommy and eric are great musicians. They just need their own make up.

As for motley, they were great. And boy were they fuckin loud! Vince's voice has sucked for quite a while now. But for me, that's not why I watch a motley show. Their songs are written for a whole stadium to sing along to, so who cares if you can't hear Vince. Frankly it's probably a good thing.

On topic though, I don't think it has anything to do with Axl at all.

This post has been brought to you by painkillers....

Ack

Ack indeed!

No - I think that at least Vince Neil was talkin about KISS, as he hinted on a band that has done a farewell tour and then just went on afterwards. KISS did that in 2000-2001 with the Farewell tour, and after a 1-2 year hiatus touring ever since. And they have not really been packin' venues especially in the States, and they've scaled down the venues they play in - Europe is goin well thou but that is the same thing for GnR and Mötley too - US is the hardest market.

At least GnR isn't playing random barns/pubs across the US like W.A.S.P. or venues like Anvil did before "this is anvil".

It wouldn't be the first time Nixxi has had something to say about GnR or Axl. Remember when he said DJ had left the band, only for DJ to later say he was definitely still in the band. I think Nixxi has a big problem with Axl and he can't understand why his BFF is now BFF's with enemy :)

Saying all that, was the comment directed at Axl? when I read it the other day, I thought it sounded like a little dig... but as someone else pointed out there's a ton of bands that have followed the same path as GnR.

While GnR still release new music they aren't really in that complete nostalgia bracket (they are pretty close though!)

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC :D

I've been following the Metallica press for Through the never, the funny thing is they've constantly been doing stuff since DMs release and they've released a good bit of stuff since DM yet they are still saying that they are way late with a new album... DM came out in September right? CD came out in November of the same year... what have Guns released in the meantime? no concert films / cds (nothing officially released at least) not even a music video or a CD bonus edition. Guns need to beg Q-prime management to take them on, they're the only guys that could get anything out of them. In all seriousness Q-Prime would work wonders for the band! (in a perfect world) and I'm fairly sure they are smart enough not to push a reunion. I'm pretty sure Axls current management would even agree with that!

Tour management like that is good for Metallica because they have their festival and can put money into ambitious projects. Metallica could afford to take risks with Lou Reed and have that backfire, Lou said the failure took him by surprise, but more so the hatred for him. He just saw it as another guitar noise project with a great band.

The reluctance for GNR to release live stuff covering the ChiDem era, to me, is because they only stopped touring a couple of months ago. Concert films should be an end of tour document, but maybe Axl thinks people wouldn't bother going to see GNR if they can just see and hear the same thing on home video?

All he's said was he wants GNR to go to places they've rarely gone, or never been, nothing about putting new stuff out.

There was an intent to put videos out, but I think they should have done a CD/DVD and built a story, kind of like what Arcade Fire did when they put "The Suburbs" out. Axl's always talking trilogies and concepts, so why not just have a cohesive short story connecting 4 or 5 videos? It sounded like Universal didn't want to put another penny into "Chinese Democracy", and Axl wasn't going to throw more money into it.

These bands aren't going to be around forever, even though $immon$ has threatened to keep KISS going with people standing in for Gene and Paul, but they'll probably have official tribute bands and have them use all their sets from over the years.

No - I think that at least Vince Neil was talkin about KISS, as he hinted on a band that has done a farewell tour and then just went on afterwards. KISS did that in 2000-2001 with the Farewell tour, and after a 1-2 year hiatus touring ever since. And they have not really been packin' venues especially in the States, and they've scaled down the venues they play in - Europe is goin well thou but that is the same thing for GnR and Mötley too - US is the hardest market.

At least GnR isn't playing random barns/pubs across the US like W.A.S.P. or venues like Anvil did before "this is anvil".

Except the Kiss/Motley Crue dominated GnR in terms of concert attendance........

Haha Anvil. I forgot about those guys. Could you imagine Axl if he was in the same situation as Lips when they're massively late for the gig then the guy refuses to pay them and Lips goes ballistic. Would be sad, but hilarious.

Haha Anvil. I forgot about those guys. Could you imagine Axl if he was in the same situation as Lips when they're massively late for the gig then the guy refuses to pay them and Lips goes ballistic. Would be sad, but hilarious.

Weddings, bowling alleys and 2,300 seat venues.......coming pretty close.

Weddings, bowling alleys and 2,300 seat venues.......coming pretty close.

Yes indeed...

Imagine if this would be the future of GnR:

Anvil: "The place is jam fuckin packed"

I think Axl would just do occasional festival gigs and not tour at all.

Keep in mind Crue replaced Tommy and Vince and Motley could have wound up in the situation he's talking about, especially if Mick wound up at the point where he was unable to play. At least he's done non Crue projects - something some of us wish Axl had done.