Calling Axl

feconroses

My only guess would be there are people around Axl preventing that. People that maybe thinks he has an ulterior motive or wants more than just beer or coffee. I just assume people surrounding Axl don't let Marc get near him. Maybe thats just paranoia on my part, but I wouldn't put it past him. I agree though, it would be really nice to hear that they connected. Its not like Axl doesn't have the time these days.

Marc, thanks for such a candid response. It really is such a sad situation, Axl needs friends like you.

I'm sorry if I've missed something along the way or if this has already been covered, but you have mentioned before how Axl does't want to be reminded or have anything to do with the old band. How has he said this to you? I mean, did he actually say that he didn't want to talk about those days or did he get upset if anyone mentioned the original band? I ask because there is a fan video on YT where Axl jokingly talks about Slash (the story about Slash peeing in a girlfriend's bed) and he doesn't look upset at all. And in his interview with Jimmy Kimmel he (very fleetingly) touched on the old days.

I just wondered if Axl's anger/upset at you was more about your book coming out before CD and stealing his thunder, rather than the fact it's about the old days/old band.

Axl always talked about Slash when we talked. It was more about how Slash was somehow fucking him over but he still would talk about Slash. I think the real problem is that I keep saying that the reason for the split was no ones fault and he 100% thinks it's Slash's fault. The other problem is, he thinks that I didn't want to work with the GNR camp on the book and wait for a better time to put out the book. first off all I couldn't wait because I was under a contract and second, even if I was able to wait, it could have been decades before Axl may have supported the book again. He even said so him self that at a latter time he may have supported my book. I had already waited 12 years. I think if the have band put out a record in 2001 and another one in 2003 and one more in 2006 would still not be a good time in Axl's mind to revisit the old days. So I know I did the right thing and I also know that I helped Axl by getting my work out there. The only thing that would have helped him more was if he did the interview that I asked him for. I don't think that he understands what it means to a fan to have that kind of info out.

• Like 2

Eloquently put. You book is amazing for any GNR to have. I wish all bands had this kind of documentation of their beginnings. And I liked what you said about your friendship with Axl - how he left it so he has to fix it. Thanks for everything you do for GNR fans, Marc.

Axl always talked about Slash when we talked. It was more about how Slash was somehow fucking him over but he still would talk about Slash. I think the real problem is that I keep saying that the reason for the split was no ones fault and he 100% thinks it's Slash's fault. The other problem is, he thinks that I didn't want to work with the GNR camp on the book and wait for a better time to put out the book. first off all I couldn't wait because I was under a contract and second, even if I was able to wait, it could have been decades before Axl may have supported the book again. He even said so him self that at a latter time he may have supported my book. I had already waited 12 years. I think if the have band put out a record in 2001 and another one in 2003 and one more in 2006 would still not be a good time in Axl's mind to revisit the old days. So I know I did the right thing and I also know that I helped Axl by getting my work out there. The only thing that would have helped him more was if he did the interview that I asked him for. I don't think that he understands what it means to a fan to have that kind of info out.

The thing I find odd is he wants to bury the old days yet a big chunk of the setlist for his shows these days is songs off of AFD and the UYI albums.

As far as him not knowing how much the fans want him to talk to us I think he knows but does not care what the fans want...sorry to be so harsh but as a fan his dismissive attitude has got many of feeling this way about Axl..............

• Like 1