Should forum members be allowed to impersonate members of GNR online?

CoolRanchDressing

To me, that kind of behavior seems over the line. And it only serves to discredit the type of community the mods are trying to foster. Also, I think it's hurtful to the forum members when they're allowed to believe blatantly false and misleading information they think is coming from an official source.

Should this type of behavior warrant a banning?

I wouldn't dream of wasting their time.

You mean like the time they have to waste dealing with false information people intentionally put out? Since you care so much about their precious time. I bet they've spent at least one PM dealing.

It's obvious you have an issue with me. Take it up over PM with me and HV, don't dilute DandN with shit like this.

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're taking about, good sir. Care to elaborate?

At the risk of a warning point, yes I did. And you're acting like one. If you have issues with me, take it up in PM with a mod. But the issue you're trying to take up has already been dealt with with myself, Downliner, and HighVoltage. And as I made quite clear in the other thread, I've never tried to deny the Beta parody account was me. You seem to be the only one who can't take a joke brah

• Like 1

Beta account? I have no idea what you're taking about. I was referring to the person who impersonated izzy and his family, even forging fake interviews that were widely circulated and created lots of misinformation around here.

But what's the beta thing you're talking about?

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

To me, that kind of behavior seems over the line. And it only serves to discredit the type of community the mods are trying to foster. Also, I think it's hurtful to the forum members when they're allowed to believe blatantly false and misleading information they think is coming from an official source.

Should this type of behavior warrant a banning?

both a banning and a beating. Hard enough to get any reliable newsworthy info out of this group without someone just completely fucking the fragile relationship up more so.

Beta account? I have no idea what you're taking about. I was referring to the person who impersonated izzy and his family, even forging fake interviews that were widely circulated and created lots of misinformation around here.

But what's the beta thing you're talking about?

We publicly made the individual responsible (someone young and undoubtedly foolish) known and let him know that if it happened again, we would ban him instantly. He apologised, said he understood and so far, he hasn't done it again.

If we banned him straight away, what incentive would he have had to delete the accounts? I agree that the actions were reprehensible, but we took the course of action that would have the best chance of that stuff being removed - and it was. Not much else we can do about this kind of thing, leading with your strongest hand (banning) doesn't always lead to the best outcome.

• Like 1