Do you think Guns n' Roses has changed the paradigm of fandom for itself?

saber_

Other bands I enjoy release music on somewhat of a consistent basis.

I've recently discovered a band that I absolutely love and am listening to more than any other band right now. Their debut album came out in 1998 - roughly the same time Axl was working on restarting the GnR machine.

In that same time frame, Axl has released OMG and one album.

My current favorite band has released nine albums. One of their albums is crap and I don't listen to any of the songs off of it. And not every album is filled with 15 great songs. But the awesome thing is that I've got literally 120 songs to choose from. When people say "Oh, I'd rather Axl put out one amazing album every 20 years than put out mediocre records every three years like Slash"......I've never understood that logic. First, it's implying that Axl isn't talented enough to release quality music every few years, which I disagree with. And second, I'd rather have 120 Axl songs over the last 15 years than just 15.

I don't care about the drama, who hates who, who is suing who, etc. I don't know anything about this band other than the singer's name, where they are from and that the original guitar player quit. I think it's sad that the last thing we talk about on this forum is the actual music that Axl has created.

Anyway - that's the big difference, imo.

With GnR, the band's drama (axl, beta, Fernando, album sales, axl-vs-slash, revolving door of musicians, lack of music, erin everly, bucket leaving, etc, etc, etc) outshines the actual music that Axl is creating and sharing with his fans.

Edited by Groghan

Who in the fucking hell deleted my comment? Jarmo?

Being a Crüe fan is great. We have lots of music, videos, DVDs released on time, great live shows that change up, a movie in the works, and cool merch. Also Vince Neil's ex girlfriend's housekeeper doesn't manage Mötley Crüe.

Being a Crüe fan is great. We have lots of music, videos, DVDs released on time, great live shows that change up, a movie in the works, and cool merch. Also Vince Neil's ex girlfriend's housekeeper doesn't manage Mötley Crüe.

Nor does he call his former housekeeper "mommy".

The whole things creepy..

• Like 1

Crüe also played a new song on the last tour, and have been debuting new songs live for a while, at least back to Carnival of Sins tour.

When's the last time Axl said "this is something new"?

Crüe also played a new song on the last tour, and have been debuting new songs live for a while, at least back to Carnival of Sins tour.

Well there are some delusional fans who believe he'll be doing that 3 more times on this next tour..Sad isn't it?

Well there are some delusional fans who believe he'll be doing that 3 more times on this next tour..Sad isn't it?
3 Brazilian folk songs lol