Computer Programming Discussion

arnold layne

Anyone else know any languages?

I'm far from an expert. In fact I'd consider myself a novice even though I should be graduating in a few months. Computer programming changes all the time.

I know .Net and I am starting to gain an interest in SQL. I've only had about three classes on SQL so far. Quite honestly I don't understand how something so basic and elementary is still widely used today. I suppose it's because complex ideas evolve from these sort of things.

Anyway I plan on seeing if there's a programming club at my school. It's weird. I'm starting to get involved in extra-curriculars during my last semester of school. Same thing happened last year of high school and I had a good time.

I love that stuff but I have to see what I'm doing.

Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to take CS. I was failing introduction to C++ so I had to look elsewhere. I focused on IS which is CS for the lazy and stupid.

Visual Studio is awesome because it is object orientated programming. Totally cool.

I know HTML too, but that barely provides a purpose anymore.

Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to take CS. I was failing introduction to C++ so I had to look elsewhere. I focused on IS which is CS for the lazy and stupid.

Visual Studio is awesome because it is object orientated programming. Totally cool.

we used visual studio in the Graphic Computacion class, we designed a bar in 3d and shit. On Object orientated's class we used Java to make some applications.

HTML is still the root of all html pages, so it's fine to know, at least the basics.

We learn lots of languagens, Haskell, C, C++, Java, Prolog, Phyton, SQL, PHP... It's a shame most of them are not used in the market, so we almost need to learn a new language everytime we get/change a job.

I used to know C, C++, and Java. Funny those succeeding languages were supposed to be the perfect. I never took a programming course and just taught myself by copying code from a book. I liked C++ the most. I was a shitty programmer because I would just rely on Devils Bloodshed and JCreator IDEs and I would keep updating code until there were no more error messages caught :lol:. Most good programmers just use a text file from what I've discerned.

Languages come and go but HTML and javascript are so widely depended on I doubt anything will replace it in the near future. I still work with it every day at work because it is a necessity even though it would never appear in my job description. If I were to study anything more in depth it would VB in Excel for my job.

I bet ThinkAboutYou could have a lot to say.

Does something like MQL4 count? Use it to write automated trading programs, but don't know how similar it is to stuff being discussed in here. I've looked through some things, like C++ and SQL, before when I first started looking into automated trading, but haven't learned exactly what they can be used for. Can someone offer a simple explanation of what can be done with them or are there any suggested websites to learn about them? Interested in the subject, but don't have a ton of experience in it, unless MQL4 is a similar concept.

MySQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript and C#.

If i could recommend anyone a code language, it would be PHP. Easy and fast to learn, you will be able to make systems, websites and CMS in less than 2 months. I have set up a basic ecommerce store in PHP (Coding now the javascript part) in less than 3 days with PHP, CSS and HTML, just after taking 25 days to learn PHP(Looping Structures, GET and POST, Cookies, MySQL Connection, and so on).

Edited by MattElias

MySQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript and C#.
If i could recommend anyone a code language, it would be PHP. Easy and fast to learn, you will be able to make systems, websites and CMS in less than 2 months. I have set up a basic ecommerce store in PHP (Coding now the javascript part) in less than 3 days with PHP, CSS and HTML, just after taking 25 days to learn PHP(Looping Structures, GET and POST, Cookies, MySQL Connection, and so on).

Hm, if it's really that easy I may do that, web coding is always a good skill to have. I know HTML, JScript, and CSS decently well, and studied a bit of Pascal and Java. Never got around to PHP.

I have only taken three classes of SQL so far so I don't know much, but...I don't understand why SQL has to be so dinosauric. It's not very visual at all.

For something so basic...it's a query language, you'd think they would have visual tables to allow someone to type in everything, and therefore the query language wouldn't really need to be necessary.

I'm guessing that is what Access is for. Microsoft fucks up most things though which is why maybe SQL is still important to understand.