Anybody else thinks that mickey is harder than rasp?

I mean ...

If you try to sing both ways, how do you feel about each one?

I easily get out of breath when i try to sing like mickey.

PS: I think that "mickey" isn't the right expression, I'm just using it so that everyone understands what I'm talking about.

Honestly, I'm really expecting Axl is going to have a heart attack or something on stage one day. At his advanced age, the way he sings is probably very difficult no matter whether its rasp or mickey, and wearing all that clothing he is begging for heat stroke. A combination of singing, overheating and lack of oxygen and he is just begging for something bad to happen on stage.

Also, rasp is more difficult because you lose your voice singing that way. With mickey, it probably takes a toll, but you don't lose your voice. You jut sing high. With rasp, it literally makes you start coughing and needing a break. I fully understand why he sings mickey nowadays.

Edited by classicguns4life

Honestly, I'm really expecting Axl is going to have a heart attack or something on stage one day. At his advanced age, the way he sings is probably very difficult no matter whether its rasp or mickey, and wearing all that clothing he is begging for heat stroke. A combination of singing, overheating and lack of oxygen and he is just begging for something bad to happen on stage.

I hope not :huh:

I think the problem with the rasp is when you try to scream ... it's quite easy to keep some rasp while your not screaming in a lower tone.

Edited by GUNNER PT

Nobody has the same voice. I don't see the logic in determining whether or not "Mickey" is harder or easier for Axl - based on what a few people say they find easier. :shrugs:

Clearly Axl finds it the most effective way of both performing and preserving; otherwise he wouldn't be using it so consistently.

Edited by NGOG

That's probably the only way we'll ever get to hear the new material.