Which GnR camp you belong to?

GnR camps  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted "other camp" for some reason.

At the time Slash and Duff exited GNR I wasn't all that bothered because it seemed (to me) Axl was going to come out with something that was going to blow everyone away.

As a fan of bands like Mr Bungle and Primus, and with NIN, Marilyn Manson,Tool etc riding high at the time the "freakshow" GNR that emerged at the VMA's (on TV and the first I saw of Axl's new band, me no internet back then) seemed cool and exciting.

It sucked that Bucket left but the leaks and the appearance of an in form Axl and GNR in 06 was a high point for new GNR and my enthusiasm/belief that the album was going to be KILLER.

Robin leaving and Ashba joining was a huge blow to my hopes for new Guns though, call me a hater or WHATEVER but I can't bring myself to support a GNR with Ashba in it.

So since 09 I've had next to no enthusiasm for Axl's GNR besides CD part II (hopefully not tampered/rerecorded) and especially with Izzy and Duff's appearances I'm pretty much pro reunion at this point.

If by some miracle the current (Tommy) lineup were to write and record an album with Axl and it was great I'd eat all their hats, but I really don't have much faith in a GNR album with Ron (as lovely a guy as he might be) Thal and DJ (acceptable in bands not called GNR) Ashba as the songwriters/guitarists.

I don't like any of the classic guys (Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler, Sorum, Gilby) music post GNR half as much as I like Axl's what, 17 "new" songs that I've heard though, I'm probably more a fan of Axl than the others but yeah at this point...