Article:10 famous bands who should just retire already including Green Day,GN'R,Metallica,Black Sabbath and KISS

Subtle Signs

This article was locked immediately in GN'R D&N when it probably should've been moved. but I feel it was well written and should generate some good debate on here. I like how he addressed the Rolling Stones in the very beginning of the piece. GN'R and Green Day are my two favorite bands so I don't want them to hang it up just yet.

Sometimes it’s better just to quit while you are ahead. Of course, there are a few very famous musicians who have apparently never heard this saying before. They have stayed active long past their prime or reformed in order to reignite their popularity. Sometimes a forced retirement is just a more graceful way to go out.

A lot of people believe the time has come for the Rolling Stones to call it quits. The Stones are still a great band and can still put on a great concert, however. There is nothing wrong with them staying around. The same is true for bands like Aerosmith, who still have all their original members. Then there are those other bands; bands that never achieved the amount of success that the Stones did, but for some reason they are still hanging around.

These are the bands that need to call it quits. They need to just admit the fact that their years of immense popularity, as well as their creative high point, are a thing of the past. This is a very hard thing for these guys to do. It’s never easy to admit when you have worn out your welcome. This is especially true when you are used to hordes of people worshiping the ground you walk on. But all good things must come to an end. These bands just need to sit back and count their money and remember all the good times they had. It is like The Beatles said just “let it be.”

http://www.therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle/entertainment/10-famous-bands-that-should-just-retire-already/

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

The last 5 are 100% correct. 10-5 are utterly ridiculous. Black Sabbath and Metallica are legends and there's a reason they have continued to successfully tour as they have. And Green Day have done nothing wrong to warrant them to stop touring. Its mainly the old guys who are way past their prime or bands where key members are dead, like 1-5 on that list.

• Like 1