Free Comic Book Day

Zint

I went after I saw your post. I didn't know Free Comic Book Day was a thing. Picked up The Simpsons with a Leela and Amy pinup and V Wars. Haven't read either , but V Wars' cover was done by Kevin Eastman, 1/2 of the TMNT creators.

The shop had slim pickings by the time I got there. Picked up GI Joe vs The Transformers for my son, too.

• Like 1

When I was younger, I was a comic book enthusiast and after I read your thread, I actually thought about going out and seeing what was new in the comic book world. I thought about and then realized that I would (more than likely) end up getting into them again....and that's just not in the budget now.

You guys already got me into Blu-Ray....and I've already spent more than what I was planning on them.... :lol:

KK there's some fantastic series happening these days, and things have expanded far beyond a DC/ Marvel domination.

There's some other companies putting out high quality material.

Even if superheroes aren't your thing, there's some great material in other genres..sci-fi, horror etc.

Some people I know don't even bother with the superhero themes anymore.

Maybe scope it out one day, even if you limit it to a series or two, I'm sure you'd find something worthy.

KK there's some fantastic series happening these days, and things have expanded far beyond a DC/ Marvel domination.

There's some other companies putting out high quality material.

Even if superheroes aren't your thing, there's some great material in other genres..sci-fi, horror etc.

Some people I know don't even bother with the superhero themes anymore.

Maybe scope it out one day, even if you limit it to a series or two, I'm sure you'd find something worthy.

When I quit collecting them, there were already several brands (other than DC and Marvel) that were up and coming....Image comes to mind.

And I'm sure I'd find several comics worthy.....that's the problem....when I start collecting something, I usually don't stop.....sort of like Blu-Rays....I just started collecting them and I've already bought around 20 of them in the span of a couple of weeks.... :lol:

I have some things to take care and if everything goes well, by the beginning of summer it should be done with....so I may give some a look then..... :thumbsup:

Edited by Kasanova King

• 10 months later...

I recently started reading comics again. I picked up Marvel's new Star Wars, Darth Vader, and Princess Leia. Last night I got the first two issues of Spider-Gwen. They all came with a bonus digital edition, so I've got them on my iPad now.

FYI Marvel and Comixology both have a decent selection of free comics.

And CM Punk's Thor wasn't bad.