Offspring - Chinese Democracy

WAR41

Hey Marc,

When The Offspring announced that they were going to name their new album 'Chinese Democracy' in 2003, what was Axl's reaction? Did Slash, Duff, Izzy or Steven ever comment about it? Were there any major freak outs by anyone?

No one said anything about it. Axl's people Shut that shit down. The last thing Axl needed was them fucking with him while he was trying to get his record out. It fucked up when another band tries to Steal shit from you to get some press. I remember back in 1994, Axl thought Self-esteem was cool

This actually made me LOL- The idea grew into a longer title, "Chinese Democracy (You Snooze, You Lose)," Dexter- "I think it got blown up a little more than we intended it to".

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/offspring_frontman_on_chinese_democracy.html?no_takeover

After 10 years waiting for this album, that was a pretty funny move on their part. I could fault the Offspring for a lot of things, but this is one I gotta give them props. Also, I'm pretty sure it was an April Fools joke and never serious.

Edited by gunsfanoldie