Why are there never male receptionists?

arnold layne

There are some, but it's just not a job that many males seem to like doing or apply for. It requires a level of attention to detail and organisational skills that a lot of guys generally lack.

There's also the female greeting factor when clients/customers visit.

I've helped with the recruitment process for an office manager (glorified receptionist). There were something like 150 female appliancants, less than were 10 male.

• Like 1

There are some, but it's just not a job that many males seem to like doing or apply for. It requires a level of attention to detail and organisational skills that a lot of guys generally lack.

There's also the female greeting factor when clients/customers visit.

I've helped with the recruitment process for an office manager (glorified receptionist). There were something like 150 female appliancants, less than were 10 male.

I totally agree with that. I think it comes down to the organisational skills essentially. In an advertising agency there are certain positions that will always be filled by women, traffic manager being one of them. It's a job that requires so much organisation and essentially keeps the agency ticking along as efficiently as possible and it's generally accepted that women are far better at that. On the other hand there are very few female creative directors. Not to say its unheard of and there are generally a lot of women who are copywriters or art directors but for some reason they rarely reach the head creative position.

The fact is that men's and women's brains function differently and as a result they are good at some jobs and not at others. Its also why there are very few female engineers. They generally don't have the ability for spatial thought processes that engineering requires.

I am a much better map reader as well. The problem is he never listens and in the end he still blames me :lol:

Why am I not surprised! :rolleyes: So typical. :lol:

I am a much better map reader as well. The problem is he never listens and in the end he still blames me :lol:

Why am I not surprised! :rolleyes: So typical. :lol:

Well, it's all in the past now. Now he just blames his navigation system :lol:

You know, in a way, I miss those old days of map reading. It was hilarious at times.

I know that feeling! It's a classic laugh when they're screaming at a mechanical device that is signalled by a satellite and they're STILL saying its the wrong way! :lol: Having said that though I have encountered glitches in the satnav from time to time but even though they don't always take you the most direct route it still manages to GET YOU THERE! :lol:

• Like 1