The Assassin's Creed Unity Thread

I'm playing PS4, not had any major issues. The console fan goes into overdrive during cutscenes and menus, but other than a couple of split graphics or NPCs appearing in the middle of cutscenes it's been absolutely fine.

it seems the consoles fared better than the pc version, the game is one of my favorite AC games from a gameplay standpoint but its a mess on pc and thats with all the patches.
Funny actually since I posted that I did get stuck a couple times with ridiculous things like hanging off a ledge in the middle of a wall that never existed or a target not dying :lol: At least the checkpoint system is good, I never lost more than 30 seconds of progress. I'm not saying it's acceptable, but Brotherhood fucked me over about five sequences in and I had to start again.

I hope they keep the level of customisation for future games, always a fan of that. I think the new combat gameplay is a step in the right direction too as it encourages stealthy gameplay, they just need to improve the stealth mechanics themselves.

I'm a fan of Dead Kings too, lots of fun exploring but could do with more puzzles. I feel like the main game might suffer from too much content, I'm never going to put the time in to do everything, whereas previous games had a good amount that it felt achievable.

ok now im fucking pissed, sequence 7 memory 3 is completely glitched, i have read online for supposed solutions but nothing seems to fix it supposedly it was patched but my game is fully patched and the fucking thing still wont work. now i understand why i should have never picked this hunk of shit up even on sale as it was, seriously fuck ubisoft on this one.

Yeah, it's a slow process, it feels like you turn to the dark side... frustration turns to anger... anger turns to hate.... hate turns to.... THE DARK SIDE.

It's a shame because like you said, there's some really interesting game play elements - but the technical issues (and IMO, crappy story) rob AC: Unity of any praise I could give it.

I'm playing PS4, not had any major issues. The console fan goes into overdrive during cutscenes and menus, but other than a couple of split graphics or NPCs appearing in the middle of cutscenes it's been absolutely fine.

it seems the consoles fared better than the pc version, the game is one of my favorite AC games from a gameplay standpoint but its a mess on pc and thats with all the patches.

The PS4 version is supposed to be the most stable one all 3.

Funny actually since I posted that I did get stuck a couple times with ridiculous things like hanging off a ledge in the middle of a wall that never existed or a target not dying :lol: At least the checkpoint system is good, I never lost more than 30 seconds of progress. I'm not saying it's acceptable, but Brotherhood fucked me over about five sequences in and I had to start again.

I hope they keep the level of customisation for future games, always a fan of that. I think the new combat gameplay is a step in the right direction too as it encourages stealthy gameplay, they just need to improve the stealth mechanics themselves.

I'm a fan of Dead Kings too, lots of fun exploring but could do with more puzzles. I feel like the main game might suffer from too much content, I'm never going to put the time in to do everything, whereas previous games had a good amount that it felt achievable.

I thought combat was a step backwards in Unity, I liked the stealth play, but combat was nearly as boring as AC:I to me. I still think they haven't taken customization far enough, it should be more RPGish, but not a total RPG. Surprised to hear that about Brotherhood, I never had any issues and that is still my second favorite game behind Black Flag.

• 3 weeks later...

Bout to load this travesty up for the first time in months, maybe even the first time this year, let's see....

EDIT: Can't make this stuff up, :lol: the very first mission I tried bugged... I was supposed to protect some nuns, there were 6 of them. At first none of them moved, so I went and cleared the way, then the front 3 decided to walk the mission path... when we got to the end, the mission wouldn't complete, because the other 3 nuns never felt like moving.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

Bout to load this travesty up for the first time in months, maybe even the first time this year, let's see....

EDIT: Can't make this stuff up, :lol: the very first mission I tried bugged... I was supposed to protect some nuns, there were 6 of them. At first none of them moved, so I went and cleared the way, then the front 3 decided to walk the mission path... when we got to the end, the mission wouldn't complete, because the other 3 nuns never felt like moving.

yeah i just gave up on this hunk of shit. i will see how the next one launches and i will take it from there. i might pirate the fucker just to spite them. i feel at this point they owe all of us who bought this game a free one anyway.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

yeah i just gave up on this hunk of shit. i will see how the next one launches and i will take it from there. i might pirate the fucker just to spite them. i feel at this point they owe all of us who bought this game a free one anyway.

Are these pirateable? I thought with all the security/Uplay/cloud data it made it nearly impossible.

Edited by OmarBradley

Are these pirateable? I thought with all the security/Uplay/could data it made it nearly impossible.

good question :lol: