The Assassin's Creed Unity Thread

Got previews of both Unity and Rogue at Pax Prime, and if I had to choose Rogue actually looked more interesting. But these were only 10 min previews of each and both looked good.

Just saw the Rogue preview and trailer...... gotta say, I agree with your post.

Weird thing was, the presenter who was wearing a Ubi shirt told the preview audience, before going into the content, that from what he'd seen he's leaning toward Rogue. Maybe throwing a bone to those who haven't upgraded so they feel better. But still a bit strange with everyone in the room and this being the last big show before the launches. :lol:

BTW, if you ever get the chance to go to Pax, DO IT. A frickin' 4 day blast. rock4

Saw the recommended requirements for the PC version of Unity...

As usual, Ubi are making zero efforts regarding the pc port.

Was planning on upgrading my computer for other reasons so I did it today to be ready for Unity ( got a core i7 4790k @ 4ghz and a new motherboard, already had a 780 gtx ).

Let's just say it better work fine on this rig. I'm really not the kind of guy who claims that he will boycott a company for whatever reason but Ubisoft games are getting increasingly shittier releases on pc and I think I've wasted enough money on them.

I'm returning to the franchise when they release a feudal Japan game.

I thought they said they'll never do that? Or was that WWII? Or both?

Saw the recommended requirements for the PC version of Unity...

As usual, Ubi are making zero efforts regarding the pc port.

Was planning on upgrading my computer for other reasons so I did it today to be ready for Unity ( got a core i7 4790k @ 4ghz and a new motherboard, already had a 780 gtx ).

Let's just say it better work fine on this rig. I'm really not the kind of guy who claims that he will boycott a company for whatever reason but Ubisoft games are getting increasingly shittier releases on pc and I think I've wasted enough money on them.

I just meet the minimum requirements with an i7 @ 3.2ghz and an HD 7970 (albeit, it's a special limited version). Guess I won't be running this one on Ultra. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about 2 hours in. Did sequence one, just solved some murder mystery. Definitely some cool features in this game, and a lot I haven't explored yet. I need to figure out where to buy armor/weapons, I can only find food/medicine salesmen at the moment, but I haven't explored that much. The story is good, nothing amazing yet.

I hate to say it, but with this game, AC is starting to feel recycled. I don't know, I mean I'm enjoying it a lot, but it's almost stale now..... the young protagonist who is reluctant to join the Assassins but then meets a mentor who tells him of his past... and of course the protagonist's parents (although, no sign of Arno's mother) were killed....

I guess I just feel like it's not exactly living up to the hype (50+ E3 awards and nominations, etc.), but to be fair, I am only 2 hours in. Would like to hear others' opinions if you guys have played yet.

EDIT: And in terms of game mechanics, I have mixed feelings. The physics is definitely improved in regards to free running, but I'm not sold on the new combat system. It's of course similar to the classic AC system, but it feels pretty different. Though I don't have the hidden blade yet, or other weapons. Might just take some getting used to.

Edited by OmarBradley

Looks really good on PC.

Really like the setting as I love Paris. Playing it in french and for once, the french dubbing doesn't suck ass.

The Abstergo, present day part is kinda stupid, but the 19th century story is ok. Arno is rather likeable, even though he is a huge stalker.

Yup, looks great on PC. I'm playing in English though. And yeah, the frame story has pretty much sucked since Desmond died, not expecting it to get better any time soon; but I play these games for the historical parts anyway, and I'm sure most would agree.

Arno's cool, he's no Ezio (but, no one ever will be), but he's way better than Connor. Arno doesn't have Altair's firm resolve, nor does he have Edward's serious wittiness. But I like that Arno seems to take everything as a joke (in the beginning at least), and is just brutally blunt in a way that says: "I'm going to do whatever the fuck I want, and if I get caught, I'll just figure a way out." Probably not going to have a lot of time to play today, but I am growing very fond of the game.

Edited by OmarBradley

I'm considering grabbing it at midnight for my PS4. However I've read dozens of terrible reviews that it's badly optimised and buggy across all platforms and now I'm apprehensive.

I've definitely noticed physics bugs on PC, but there hasn't been an AC game without any yet. Usually gets better with patches.

Thing is the more I read the worse it gets.

Not going anywhere near it.

Mind sending me some links via PM? I mean, I already have it, and I'm going to play it - just curious.

I don't want to dissuade everyone here from buying it......... then I'd have no one to talk about it to. :lol:

Inexcusable.

Let's not play Assassins Creed: Unity yet: http://youtu.be/SgpzT5V5Mgs

There are a ton of bugs. My roommate bought the game and it does look like the best AC yet if you don't consider the bugs, but I don't know how you'd do that. There are a lot of them. My favorite one was him falling through a building and getting stuck in the wall and eventually dropping down into the great video game abyss that I haven't seen since like 2003.

Wow, I just read through some of those articles, and watched a bit of the video. I haven't really noticed any bugs yet. :shrugs:

I am running the game on High (or Very High sometimes), with a few customized settings, XFX HD 7970 Black DD. From a user standpoint, it performs pretty much fine. I'd say it looks on par with Black Flag, though I'll load AC:IV up later just to see. I haven't measured any specific performance benchmarks, though I know the game is highly intensive.

I'm having fun playing it, and while I agree, the AC formula is getting a bit old, there are new things in this game that are intriguing me enough to keep playing. I'd hope the next entrant into the main series takes more of a chance like Black Flag did. Don't think Rogue will, but I'm still interested in playing that when it gets released on PC early next year.

I spoke to soon, the patch made performance considerably worse. Like it's not even fucking playable now. I even turned it down from Very High to High - did nothing. Now I'm pissed.

i have been putting off getting it due to the reviews and the videos of how buggy this is.