DT Jason McMaster talks about Axl Rose, CD and GnR

Jason Macmaster is a great vocalist, I love the first 3 Dangerous Toys albums.

For those that say CD was a failure, There was no way in 2008 that CD was going to sell 10 million copies.

Back in 87-94 anyone could have one good song and a video for it and sell 1-3 million copies, it didn't matter is the rest of the album was shit as long as that one song was on there.

So it is unfair to compare albums sales from the 87-94 GNR era to CD release in 2008.

Back then you didn't have hardly any leaked tracks and you had to buy a cd because you just couldn't burn one, yes you could make a cassette copy but with CD's being so new everyone wanted it on CD.

In 2008 basically the whole album leaked before it was released and was downloaded like crazy.

CD did sell what around 3 million copies, it may be less or more but my point is other huge bands are in that same boat take Metallica they will only sell 4-5 million copies and that is a far cry from the late 80's and early 90's

Do I think CD was a failure no because I liked it, I will consed that it did fall short on what it could have sold, but that being at the end of the day I am a fan and I like CD. I though CD was sell around the 4-5 million mark.

Agree on all that.

CD still sold pretty well, especially considering Axl's lack of promoting it.

I recently interviewed Dangerous Toys lead singer Jason McMaster for my music website http://www.hairmetalmusic.com. Here is what he had to say about Axl and GnR.

Asked about Civil War

"It's a good song, I think that era of Guns is where they tried to spread out what they could do as song writers in a sense of dynamics. And it paid off."

Asked about what band he respected the most

"Guns n Roses is the last great band of that era."

Asked if he'd heard CD and what he thought

"Yes, Axl sounded amazing on it. The record sounded new, and not much re-hash."

Hey, good luck

This was a great era of music. So much freedom and expressionism

• Like 1

What he's saying makes sense, civil war is great, GNR were the best band in the world at that time.

The only reason CD didn't do so well is the shit marketing it never got but it's still a great album, just cos there's no $lash don't make it crap

Has nothing to do with no "$lash".. So fucking clever by the way. Or Izzy, Duff or Steven for that matter.. I personally thought most of it was like listening to nails going down a chalkboard but some people do like it. (I have yet to actually meet one in person). Whether you like it or not, it just wasn't a good Guns N' Roses record and a poor choice to release it as one.
Opinions are like ass holes, everyone's got one, IMO cd is great, just a lot of old school gnr fans won't have it cos of who and who's not on the record

I bought it, listened every day for a month, and it just didn't hold for me. A lot of it does sound like nails on a chalkboard, especially all the Stephanie Seymour ballads. I still like about 4 songs: CD, sorry, scraped, and irs. Every thing else can be remixed off the album

Of course everyone has opinions but it's hard to take yours seriously when you write $lash. I gotta guess that you weren't born during the bands prime when you diss Slash like that. It's actually more embarrassing if you were an adult then who now thinks that making fun of Slash or any other members of the true GN'R will somehow make them a bigger fan or get themselves in Team Brazil's good graces for Party Passes

Anyway I remember first reading about DT in Metal Edge magazine many years ago.I feel old just hearing that name again and knowing who they are.

Lol, I know how you feel about feeling old hearing dt's name

Slash sucks the medias balls too much? Broham in case you don't know he's a PROFESSIONAL MUSICIAN and has been for over 25 years. It's part of the gig to sell yourself and your product.

Yeah he does, he's up the medias ass way too much, you must think I was born yesterday and know nothing about him n this band. All bands need to promote them selves, gnr don't and slash does too much

Axl used to do all the media slash did from 86-91. Then they called him out for being such a douche during the illusion tour and turned on him. Since there was no Internet or 24/7 news, Axl could get away with calling them all liars. Since then, Axl doesn't do press and it has nothing to do with him being this rock rebel. Just a little crybaby that can't handle criticism that is well deserved.

• Like 1