The PC Building/Post Your Specs Here Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish I had a PC just for gaming.

I really want to play GTA V and Witcher 3 full-spec.

if you can save up and buy a mid range that would be the best bet, a mid range will run 450- 500 dollars but you will still get better performance than a xbox one or ps4, and you can upgrade as you see fit.

I wouldn't even bother at that kind of money. Better off spending $800 and getting something more modern, you can still upgrade later. Thing with PCs is they tend to have a high initial cost but upgrading them after 5 years often isn't that expensive.

I have a bit of a heat issue with my PC since the case is mATX and has shit airflow because I made the mistake of getting a Corsair H105 cooler for my CPU. Switching to a Noctua NH-C14s which means I can get rid of the H105's radiator so there will be 2 more intake fans cooling everything else down. CPU will take a small hit temperature wise but the GPU and motherboard temps should get a lot better which was the problem.

I really wish I had a PC just for gaming.

I really want to play GTA V and Witcher 3 full-spec.

witcher 3 really shines on the PC, and i have no doubt down the road CDPR will release an enhanced version for free for pc users(they have done so with the first 2) which will really push systems in terms of graphics, shit witcher 2 with uber sampling still cripples all but top end pc's.

if you can save up and buy a mid range that would be the best bet, a mid range will run 450- 500 dollars but you will still get better performance than a xbox one or ps4, and you can upgrade as you see fit.

or you can get a good USED laptop for 7-800 on ebay

Edited by Strange Broue

• 5 months later...