Rectify- Sundance Channel

bt88

Has anyone else gotten into the show Rectify? It's on the Sundance channel, which no one gets, but AMC will sometimes rerun it, and the first 2 seasons are on Netflix.

It's about a man who was on death row for 18 years or so and gets his sentence lifted based on new evidence. He has to struggle with readjusting to life, all the while half the people in his small Georgia town still think he did it and want to treat him like a pariah. As the show grows, it becomes about more than just that. It develops the characters around the main character too.

The show is deliberately paced, some might call it "slow." I dont think slow is the right label. It's very contemplative. There will be scenes with the main character just taking in a sunset or something small like that, something the average person takes for granted. It emphasizes the beauty of the smaller things, and also of the human experience, both positive and negative. The character was so isolated on death row so when he's out the show starts looking at the complicated nature of human connection.

It's a phenomenal show and has a ton of critical reviews, but not a lot of people seem to be watching it. I recommend and hope to discuss with someone

• Like 1

I watched the first season and loved it. For some reason, I never watched the second season but if it's on Netflix, I'll definitely try to watch it.

I'm about halfway through it and have been loving it. They start exploring the ancillary characters a bit more.

I love how they lead you in different directions as to whether he actually did it or not

I watched the first season and loved it. For some reason, I never watched the second season but if it's on Netflix, I'll definitely try to watch it.

I'm about halfway through it and have been loving it. They start exploring the ancillary characters a bit more.

I love how they lead you in different directions as to whether he actually did it or not

the second season has more episodes than the first?

the second season has more episodes than the first?

yeah it has 10 eps, and also it's already been renewed for season 3. I really really wish they got wider distribution or some awards so more people would watch it. It may forever be an underground thing