UYI Tour DVDs

I just came across these two separate discs on both Amazon and eBay. To be exact, they are titled 'World Tour Live Use Your Illusion I' and 'World Tour Live Use Your Illusion II', respectively. What I'm curious about is they are supposedly DVD-Audio discs with 5.1 dts. I LOVE multichannel music & if these are legit I would snag them up in a heartbeat. I would post a link but I am not sure of the rules, but they are easy to find on either site. They are both listed as imports. Is anyone familiar with these discs? Thanks!

I just came across these two separate discs on both Amazon and eBay. To be exact, they are titled 'World Tour Live Use Your Illusion I' and 'World Tour Live Use Your Illusion II', respectively. What I'm curious about is they are supposedly DVD-Audio discs with 5.1 dts. I LOVE multichannel music & if these are legit I would snag them up in a heartbeat. I would post a link but I am not sure of the rules, but they are easy to find on either site. They are both listed as imports. Is anyone familiar with these discs? Thanks!

That one mate if so save your money i brought one of them and the picture quality isnt as good as the real thing http://www.amazon.com/Guns-Roses-World-Tour-Illusion/dp/B007IODI46

Edited by Gibbo 27

....also, it looks like the Illusions 1 & 2 DVD's have been re-released with dts 5.1 audio. That would make for a nice upgrade. Real?

Like a said they are unofficial you buy them and find out for your self. If the want the best sound quality get the lazer discs. I have added the lazer disc audio too the dvd

Edited by Gibbo 27

Yes, that's one of them.

....also, it looks like the Illusions 1 & 2 DVD's have been re-released with dts 5.1 audio. That would make for a nice upgrade. Real?

Like a said unofficial you buy them and find out for your self. If the want the best sound quality get the lazer discs

Well, this is the point of my post, to see if anyone has them so I don't have to take a gamble and find out for myself. As far as the LD, I don't have a LaserDisc player, and the audio is probably the same as the DVD's.

That one mate if so save your money i brought one of them and the picture quality isnt as good as the real thing http://www.amazon.com/Guns-Roses-World-Tour-Illusion/dp/B007IODI46

There shouldn't be any video for the DVD you linked. That is a DVD-Audio disc, audio only.

Edited by jz1276

Yes, that's one of them.

Like a said unofficial you buy them and find out for your self. If the want the best sound quality get the lazer discs

Well, this is the point of my post, to see if anyone has them so I don't have to take a gamble and find out for myself. As far as the LD, I don't have a LaserDisc player, and the audio is probably the same as the DVD's.

Its uncompressed.

Yes, that's one of them.

Its uncompressed.

Still, going from 2 channel AC3 to 2 channel uncompressed PCM really doesnt seem worth it to me, besides, I don't own a LD player so the point is moot. Getting off topic though, these new discs are supposedly 5.1 dts and it looks to me like the original Illusion DVD's were re-released AS WELL as DVD-Audio discs. Every seller on eBay that has them for sale are located in Korea though which leads me to believe these are bootlegs.

Yes, that's one of them.

Its uncompressed.

Still, going from 2 channel AC3 to 2 channel uncompressed PCM really doesnt seem worth it to me, besides, I don't own a LD player so the point is moot. Getting off topic though, these new discs are supposedly 5.1 dts and it looks to me like the original Illusion DVD's were re-released AS WELL as DVD-Audio discs. Every seller on eBay that has them for sale are located in Korea though which leads me to believe these are bootlegs.

Yep like i said at the start they are shit quality. I only brought II because my original dvd got scratched

Edited by Gibbo 27

I'm 95% sure these are bootlegs. Here is a link to the supposed DVD-Audio disc from Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Guns-Roses-World-Tour-Illusion/dp/B007IODI46/ref=sr_1_6_twi_dvd_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443355843&sr=8-6&keywords=guns+roses+world+tour+illusion

The picture is the same as all the regular DVD's from ebay, so this is not a DVD-Audio disc.

Thanks for the input!

I'm 95% sure these are bootlegs. Here is a link to the supposed DVD-Audio disc from Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Guns-Roses-World-Tour-Illusion/dp/B007IODI46/ref=sr_1_6_twi_dvd_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443355843&sr=8-6&keywords=guns+roses+world+tour+illusion

The picture is the same as all the regular DVD's from ebay, so this is not a DVD-Audio disc.

Thanks for the input!

I got mine form amzon years ago with the same cover

I got them. I think it might be in Japan, but it was the UYI tour concerts. A must have for GNR fans.

Yes, I know these are the UYI Tour videos. These are different from the ones that were released years ago. They are advertised as having dts audio which the original ones do not.